Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some Arlo pro 2 cameras no longer working without subscription after renewal. Getting error.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

I have a total of 8 cameras. 4 with and 4 without the monthly subscription. 

ALL of my 8 cameras were working fine until my CC expired and I had to renew

the subscription for 4 cameras.  ALL  8 cameras were working perfectly, 4 with  and 4 without 

subscription.  I just added my new CC information and now THREE cameras won't work anymore! 

Message I am getting : This device is inactive. A paid Arlo smart subscription is required to active the device! 

Subscribe now!    

Meaning 3 of my cameras are NO LONGER WORKING now.  I am NOT happy right now! 

WHAT in the world is happening.   I am about done canceling everything and sell the cameras. 

The app is a pain in the behind since the last update plus NO individual sound alerts for each camera. 

So frustrated right now.  

6 REPLIES 6
Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

I have 8 Cameras, 2 Base stations since 2018

5 cameras with subscription and 3 cameras on the FREE base plan. 

This morning I updated my CC information and the 3 FREE base cameras stopped working

shortly after. 

I just got off a 1.5 hrs chat with ARLO.  Was told once I chance my plan or subscription I can't go back to my original plan .

Ok, I have NOT changed anything since 2018 except my CC info this morning. 

I had to provide serial nr.'s date and place of purchase etc etc. ????? 

Conclusion. I now have to PAY a monthly fee for each of the 3 cameras on the FREE base plan or those cameras will NO longer work.  WHAT??????? 

They don't provide , after years of complains,  distinct sounds for individual cameras and no longer offer a FREE BASE plan. 

Ready to sell ALL Arlo cams . Seriously fat up now. 

Surbiton_Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hmmm I wonder if I have the same issue. Does your show the base station offline even thought\ it’s connected the internet?

I noticed when I logged onto the app it said I have no subscriptions...

StY90
Guide
Guide
Having the same issue even after renewal of my subscription!!
Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

No message for base station

just on each individual camera I apparently no longer have a FREE BASE plan

anymore! 

Message I am getting : This device is inactive. A paid Arlo smart subscription is required to active the device! 

Subscribe now!    

The   2K plan  is $9.99 per month for 5 cams and $2.99 for each individual cam. the 4K plan is $14.99 for 5 cams and $4.99 for each individual cam. After 5 cams you get 50% off each additional cam.  So you either PAY for their "service" or your cams are not operating.  All this while there is still NO solution/option for an individual alert sound for each individual cam. 

So 3 of my cameras are NO LONGER WORKING now unless I pay for each cam for "service"  I am NOT happy right now! 

Sissydlh
Guide
Guide

yup. 

Chat person said the new plan only goes in effect if you change your plan or with a new sign up .

well I did NOT change anything. I updated my payment information because my CC was expired and miraculously  

3 of my cams NO longer working now. 

It was a waste of time and senseless to chat. Did not get anywhere. It all came down to  I HAVE TO PAY for the 3 individual cams or I have NO service. the end! 

StY90
Guide
Guide
I called tech support this morning. They had me resync my inactive camera’s and it worked. Hoping this does not happen next time around when monthly subscription renews, especially since the fee was taken out of my account already!