Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart notifications - vehicles still notifying?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good morning all!

Question, I keep receiving vehicle notification alerts from my Arlo app even though I have the ‘vehicle’ option un-ticker in smart notifications (screenshot attached).

Also I’m including screenshots below of ‘activity zones’ so I was under the impression that if a vehicle passed through there it wouldn’t notify me via push notification that a car drove by?

Lastly I’m included a screenshot of camera positioning which show most of the street grayed out which is at the top of my camera field of view.

I have been playing with adjusting of the camera enough to have the street grayed out but I can’t gray out the very bottom of the street I believe so then I wouldn’t catch the motion alerts from ‘people’ walking on our front sidewalk.

So the I’ve been adjusting the ‘activity zones’ yellow one to try to make it just tall enough so Arlo can notify me of people alerts but not too many vehicle alerts.

Am I safe to say that there is a bug and disabling the ‘vehicle’ alerts doesn’t actually disable them or is there something I’m missing?

FYI  the camera and base station and door bell have the latest firmware.  The Arlo iOS app is the latest software version.  I do not have packaged detection, e911, or call a friend enabled.  I have software and hardware rebooted the base station multiple times and pulled the plug on the camera power.  FYI the Ultra camera is powered by the outdoor camera power cord.

Thank you all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good morning all, I read through this forum more in detail (Arlo Smart) and found a posting about this same issue.  It was solved by deleting the 'activity zones' from the Arlo app on iOS and re-creating them on the Arlo web portal which solved my issues :).

What I also learned from this is my camera will still record vehicles passing through my cameras field of view.  

What the difference is my Arlo iOS app will not send me push notifications if a vehicle passes through one of created 'activity zones'.  But the video clip will be in the 'library'.

thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Smart notifications screenshot

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Arlo camera positioning screenshot

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good morning all, I read through this forum more in detail (Arlo Smart) and found a posting about this same issue.  It was solved by deleting the 'activity zones' from the Arlo app on iOS and re-creating them on the Arlo web portal which solved my issues :).

What I also learned from this is my camera will still record vehicles passing through my cameras field of view.  

What the difference is my Arlo iOS app will not send me push notifications if a vehicle passes through one of created 'activity zones'.  But the video clip will be in the 'library'.

thanks!