Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Person Detection?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pressthe6
Initiate
Initiate

a bit disappointed that after spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars on cams etc, netgear wants $10/month for "Arlo Smart’s advanced Person Detection"?  I can see charging for extra cloud space, but this just seems like a feature that could easily be included with purchase.  just me?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

pressthe6,

With Arlo Smart, not only do you get the Person Detection features, you have access to e911, call a friend, Activity Zones and more. For more information on Arlo Smart and all the benefits it offers, take a look here: What key features are available with Arlo Smart?

JamesC

pressthe6
Initiate
Initiate

thanks for the reply.  I have no need for any of the other stuff (although no doubt some do) but person detection would be instrumental in cutting down the cat alerts.  and bug alerts, and dog alerts.  well, you get the idea.  peace.

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice
Apprentice

It’s a scam. You pay extra and it barely works. See the hundreds of people’s comments on twitter and here

BTG
Tutor
Tutor

I agree with 'pressthe6', the system needs the Person Detection Feature, and should be included in the Basic Plan. Way too many false trips from trees moving and their associated shadows moving on the ground. This becomes anyoying and wastes expensive batteries. In hind sight, the free 5 camera plan seemed too good to be true, now the real pay to play kicks in?