Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Notifications when camera is triggered by Security Light

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
HicksK
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I enabled Smart Notification on my Arlo Ultra to disable notification for animals and it works pretty good.

I have also Security Lights with cross triggered rules :

• Rules for Security Light to start recording on Ultra when motion is detected and push notification (Configured on Security Light mode)
  • Rules for Ultra camera to start recording and enable light on Security Light and push notification (Configured on Ultra mode)

These two rules works, camera start recording when a motion is detected by the camera itself or by the Security Light.

But i have Smart Notification (Ignoring animals) only when a motion is detected by the camera. When the motion is detected by the Security Light it push notification every time, and if i disable notification for rules of Security Lights i do not receive notifications when motion is detected by Security Light even if camera is recording.

It would be a very appreciate functionality to have the ability to push Smart Notification when camera is triggered by Security Light.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

HicksK,

Thank you for the feedback. I will pass this along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

Mwrockstar
Aspirant
Aspirant
A great post by forum member
HicksK in 2019 had the exact same problem I'm facing today. I am reposting as this needs to be improved and it has been a long time since nothing happened.

I enabled Smart Notification on my Arlo Ultra to disable notification for animals and it works pretty good.

I have also Security Lights with cross triggered rules:

Rules for Security Light to start recording on Ultra when motion is detected and push notification (Configured on Security Light mode)
Rules for Ultra camera to start recording and enable light on Security Light and push notification (Configured on Ultra mode)
These two rules works, camera start recording when a motion is detected by the camera itself or by the Security Light.

But I have Smart Notification (Ignoring animals) only when a motion is detected by the camera. When the motion is detected by the Security Light it push notification every time, and if I disable notification for rules of Security Lights I do not receive notifications when motion is detected by Security Light even if camera is recording.

It would be a very appreciated functionality to have the ability to push Smart Notification when camera is triggered by Security Light.

Can you please add that soon? You should have already done that. We pay for the subscription service to get the best of the system and at the moment every cat that triggers the light wakes me up for nothing. It would be nice to have the smart notifications for when the camera is triggered by the light added asap.

Let me know if this is in the works and how soon you think you can do it.