Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signing up for Arlo Smart 1 year subscription

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
katman2
Tutor
Tutor

Hey folks! Just wanted to share that after waiting 5 minutes for a live chat suuport window to open, I will be reaching the one hour mark of chatting with someone for assistance on how to sign up for a 1 year Smart subscription. I will spare you the details of everything I was requested to do but, so you are aware, it ranged from deleting and reinstalling the app to canceling my monthly subscription. I think it is TERRIBLE that a company like this does not have this figured out. Why would you not want me to have the option to EASILY sign up for an annual subscription as opposed to a monthly one? Could it be a planned rate increase? Could it be because it saves the consumer money when doing so? Who knows?! All I know is "live chat" assistance should not exceed an hour of support on THIS topic. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to give anyone who is considering reaching out to Arlo support a heads up that you should allot a good deal of time to do so.

Lastly, this is not a personal dig on the agent I was dealing with. This is an Arlo support management problem if the support reps do not have the resources needed to assist their customers let alone, any awareness of a problem like this existing.

UPDATE: after about an hour and ten minutes the agent requested to follow up with me via email as she escalated the issue and was still unable to assist. As if that isn't upsetting enough, now that I have cancelled my 1 month subscription, my activity zones have been disabled forcing my camera battery to deplete at a rapid pace. They were smart to include this as a "subscription" feature to ensure revenue for those of us who live in busy neighborhoods. Sigh. I am beginning to seriously regret my purchase.

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @katman2

Did you happen to receive the email from support regarding your case on Aug 10th?

katman2
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS I received an email on August 9th that read as follows:

"We would like to inform you that we no longer offer Annual Subscriptions to New Customers. We have switch to monthly plans at this time due to majority of our customers preferred our monthly billing & anytime cancellation terms.

Thank you!"

I suppose I should update my post to read "Arlo Smart Annual Subscription NO LONGER AVAILABLE" so that your customers are aware the option has been removed.