Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Signed up with Arlo Smart but camera now gone from Smart Settings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

I've been signed up with Arlo Smart for my Pro 2 camera for quite a while (over a year?), but within the last day or so it's gone all haywire. My settings show that I am indeed subscribed to Arlo Smart, but the Smart Notifications and Package Detection settings show no Active Cameras. Anyone else having this issue? The camera is plugged in to power. I've tried re-syncing the camera. Nothing seems to have worked.

This is just the latest in a string of problems over the past few weeks. Audio keeps playing even you've stopped video playback when viewing in the iOS app, my Pro (not the Pro 2) camera is suddenly having annoying battery-life issues, support chat on the website seemed broken, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

The Subscription cancel/re-add that I did yesterday ended up not helping. Recordings were still not going to the Library and Arlo Smart notifications were not working. Even better, the system was throwing a "User not enrolled in plan" error when I tried to add a camera to the Active cameras for Arlo Smart. 

I called tech support today and they recommended that I once again cancel/re-add the subscription. I figured I'd give it yet another try and this time it worked (better than yesterday). Recordings are now going to the Library and the Arlo Smart notifications (person, package) are correctly firing.

Super annoying that the only way to fix this subscription issue is to cancel the sub, then add it back. I hope they fix this soon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

I recalled an issue from a few months ago when I (and others) had to cancel my Arlo Smart subscription, then re-order it, in order to get Arlo Smart to work. I've done that yet again and it seems to have worked - I was able to add my camera to the Active Cameras for Smart Notifications and Package Detection. We'll see if this holds, will update later.

Arlo if you're listening to this thread - please please please fix this issue. It's asking too much for customers to cancel their subscription and then re-add it just to keep the service going. I like your cameras, but this bug in your subscription system must be fixed. I work in IT, and if our system had a similar problem, this would be a priority 1, all-hands-on-deck issue until it was fixed. We wouldn't be allowed to let this situation continue.

MechOps
Tutor
Tutor

The Subscription cancel/re-add that I did yesterday ended up not helping. Recordings were still not going to the Library and Arlo Smart notifications were not working. Even better, the system was throwing a "User not enrolled in plan" error when I tried to add a camera to the Active cameras for Arlo Smart. 

I called tech support today and they recommended that I once again cancel/re-add the subscription. I figured I'd give it yet another try and this time it worked (better than yesterday). Recordings are now going to the Library and the Arlo Smart notifications (person, package) are correctly firing.

Super annoying that the only way to fix this subscription issue is to cancel the sub, then add it back. I hope they fix this soon.