Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications Craziness & Activity Areas Don't Work

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
WPS3
Tutor
Tutor

I have so many issues, I don't know where to start and support was unable to help me when I chatted with them.

Before anyone asks, please note that I am on Android 8.0.0 (AT&T) on a Samsung Galaxy S9+

Also, please note that I cleared the cache of the app, cleared the data of the app, uninstalled the app, ran CCleaner, and rebooted my phone before reinstalling the "Smart" app. All issues persevered through the above-mentioned cleaning.

For starters, the app will not save (display) any created "activity" area(s). If I leave the app, the area(s) no longer appears in the app (NB It does appear when I log in to the website). 

Second, the app notifies me for activity within the area that is excluded, thus the filter for said area is not working.

Third, the app chimes in 4 (four!) times for each and every notification. So when I should hear a single "Beep", instead I hear:  beep beep beep beep, and this for every notification. 

I have addressed these issues with support but they couldn't help.

I have tried Arlo "Smart" app on an iPhone and the app is so far superior! It kills me. The app there shows a "LIVE" on the window when you watch live, the app there DOES remember the activity areas and the app there only chimes in once for each notification. For all intents and purposes, the iOs app works properly although the activity zones still don't work. EVERYTHING is detected.

Any ideas??

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to create your zones on the computer through the web portal and test again?

The Arlo development team is currently investigating The multiple notification issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Formergr
Star
Star

That's great, @ShayneS, but are you also investigating the multiple other issues users are experiencing with Arlo Smart notifications beyond just this multiple notification one? As in those of us who can create zones but then not do anything with them? 

I've since spoken to two levels of your customer support (#40631470), spending several hours total on the phone and allowing them remote access to my computer and browser, and still no resolution despite changing my subscription and yes, rebooting my base station and readding cameras. 

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

For those of you that are experiencing multiple notifications and it was resolved by suggestions here, if possible can you reply with which method resolved it for you? Our team is still investigating this. We aren't able to reproduce this on our end so we are trying to gather more data to narrow it down further. I know this can be frustrating, and we appreciate your patience and assistance!

CameraPug
Star
Star

I am having the same issue. It seems to have just started a few days ago. 

The issue is that none of the 'Arlo Smart' functions seem to be working. To further complicate the issue the settings for the Arlo Smart options are not working/do not show up on the app or a web browser. When I select the Manage Arlo Smart options it just reloads the same page (app) or loads a page that tells me I have the service but thats it. The toggle options to change the notification types are gone. Even the previously set up activity zones are no longer being used for notifications but the zones themselves are still shown. 

I even tried to set up one of the cameras for the new Package Detection. I can drag a camera to the activation area but then after it tries to add it it just fails. 

I have restarted the base and that did not help. It almost seems if all of teh Arlo server side settings for allowing Arlo Smart have been cleared.

ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone - can you please all confirm you are seeing this behavior in the latest version of the app, 2.6.5_23400?

I apologize in advance, as I realize you've provided this info in the past...but I'd just like to confirm. Thank you for your help!

Formergr
Star
Star
Yes, that's the version of the app for my issues. But I also have mine whether I'm on that version of the app on android or on Chrome browser on my Win 10 laptop.
ArloAlex
Arlo Employee Retired

Got it, thanks @Formergr, that helps!

CameraPug
Star
Star

Yes that is the version for my app but I have the issue if I use a browser (3 different comps) or 2 Ipads with different versions of the app.

WPS3
Tutor
Tutor
CONFIRMED! As can be seen in attached screenshot. I'm using version of the app, 2.6.5_23400.