Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buzzroll
Guide
Guide

I now have basic smart on one camera but have 4 cameras in all. The smart notifications aren't working on that camera. In fact NO notifications are working on tgat camera.

Please help.

213 REPLIES 213
eshutter
Guide
Guide
If you have more than 5 cameras you have to pay for a subscription otherwise you can't view them, unless you want to create another account/email and grant access rights to it which then allows you to view upto 10 cameras for free.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
A service like the smart service should be only offered if it’s properly working without delays and not when it’s working like a product in trial period. Sure it’s everyone’s choice and I wish that lots of people cancel that they improve their service and/or prices. Whilst it is unreliable they should it offer for free anyway.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
I know and that’s why I don’t purchase more. Also 5 cams are enough to secure my property at the möment.
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Grumpy Kiwi here.
Straight up going to quote Arlo Support Case # 40685387.
Signed up for single camera smart service in November 2918. Did not work and vanished from my account. But I am now receiving charges for it on my credit card still today.
Spent hours on phone only to be told I have a subscription. Yet my account shows no subscription. I have been sent automated email after automated email. Escalation after escalation, I have had online chats with service centre which states I have zero smart accounts..
Kiwis will understand me when I mention "Fair Go" and as they are one of my clients I am tempted to use it.
It may only be $4 NZ a month, but it is the principal..
And when I ask for someone in accounts to contact me. I am told "I will email the appropriate department"
Had enough. Over it.

Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Totally agree!
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Here is an example of a 15minute delay in receiving smart notifications on Android, seems to happen on the weekends during the day, I'm in Australia.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
I won’t sign up until this is fixed. My system is running well without smart and i get notifications instantly and see with my own eyes what caused it IMMEDIATELY.
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks but I won’t sign up again for Arlo Smart unless you give me back my free month (which I canceled before cause of your advise) for testing.

All my friends here in Australia and New Zealand report to me that they receive smart notifications now but that there are unacceptable delays up to 15 minutes until they receive a notification. If someone breaks into your house a 15 minutes delay receiving a notification alert is far too late. Unless you give me the chance of testing your product for a full month and you improve your product there is not a chance of 1 in a million that I sign up again for a product which should be rather in trial period than a paid service cause it’s faulty.

What is the point for a customer signing up for smart if you get instant notifications without a plan. Nice to get a message what contains that there is a human, animal, parcel etc. if it works now but at the end of the day it’s more important to receive this message instantly and not to wait for your slow server to figure out what the movement on the cam caused.
Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is there a 3 to 4 minute delay from the camera seeing you and getting a notification on my phone?

My internet is 20 mps

My phone is Verizon.

I can see the phone tower.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Bschanz,

Do you have a subscription to Arlo Smart on your Arlo account? And what phone device are you using?

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Smart Premier.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the Arlo app installed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried to clear the app cache through your Android settings and/or try to reinstall the app to see if that helps?

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will reinstall and see what happens.

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstalled the app. There is still a delay. I can walk out to the street check my mail, get back in the house and a couple of minutes my phone goes off with the notice.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the follow up. Are you saying that you are getting a 3-4 minute delay still? 

Bschanz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. It seems to have started when I went from 5 to 7 cameras. Like I can pull out of the garage and head to work and a few minutes later my phone goes off. I will be installing a new router this week but I don't think thats the problem. I have no problem streaming video.

Binary100100
Apprentice
Apprentice

So it's been a while since I updated my status:

Previously, Arlo Smart never worked right. Everything was working smooth and perfectly until they release Arlo Smart. Then I stopped receiving notifications completely. It wouldn't record motion or anything. IF anything happened I would never know about it. I found a temperary workaround by disabling all but one camera. The disabled ones worked and detected motion but the enabled one didn't. Strange huh? So out of frustration I cancelled everything and just kept the basic 14 day CVR plan.
Last week I decided to give it another chance. Behold! It seems they got their crap together finally! Even the zones are working to reduce false alarms. Vehicles are detected as vehicles, animals as animals (or sometimes motion) and people are detected as people (or motion). It's still not perfect but it's way better than what it was. It only took them FIVE MONTHS to fix the issue but I an say that I'm satisified now. I haven't tried package detection yet.

(By the way, I'm in the United States if anyone is curious.)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

We wanted to update everyone that you should be receiving your Arlo Smart notifications within five to seven seconds. Let us know if you're still experiencing any delays with your Smart notifications. We appreciate your patience regarding this.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Hi Jessica
I am receiving the notifications within 7 seconds.
But I am receiving notifications for everything and multiple times. Only have people selected, but receive 5 notifications for movement.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I had to take my primary (front door) camera off Smart to get reasonable notifications. I have just rebuilt everything wit an Ultra base, moving from a Pro base, so all settings are new. The app is set for no battery optimization but Smart notifications frequently don't arrive until I wake the phone (Pixel 3 XL with Android 9).

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Same here, notifications sometimes all come in at once when I unlock my Samsung galaxy note 9 running Android 9. It happens on my pro base and my Ultra base.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Looks like now the issue is all motion notifications are duplicated, smart and non-smart setups have the same issue. Has been happening for about 4 days. I'm in Australia. Anyone have this issue too?
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Im not signing up anymore for Arlo Smart. It’s not reliable and total rubbish paying for something which obviously doesn’t work.
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

@eshutter wrote:
Looks like now the issue is all motion notifications are duplicated, smart and non-smart setups have the same issue. Has been happening for about 4 days. I'm in Australia. Anyone have this issue too?

Yep.  I've been getting duplicate notifications here since 2019-04-14.  Arlo+Arlo Pro 2 cameras & Arlo Smart.

- Mark

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly the same here. I have set Notifications for Animals, People, and Vehicles = on. 

All other Motion is set to - off.

Yet I still get notifications for EVERYTHING.

I’m paying $3 per camera per month for 24 cameras. This is $72 PER MONTH FOR ARLO SMART which obviously isn’t working. “Rebooting” is not a solution as I’m not able to do this while being 2,000 miles away from my cameras (hence the need for supposedly security cameras).