Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
srandall25
Apprentice
Apprentice

It doesn't make any sense to me why anyone who would want to mute notifications would want the email notifications to still be sent... muting notifications should mute all notifications, not just the smart phone notification... 

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

srandall25,

At this time, mute notifications only silences push notifications. For more information on muting notifications, take a look here: What is the Mute Notifications feature and how do I use it?

I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

ArloDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Under the Smart Notifications settings I have People, Vehicles, and Animals ticked on, and All Other Motion ticked off. I confirmed that I am no longer receiving push notifications for Other Motion, but I am still receiving emails.

I am working with support on this, but I'm wondering if this is by design, that Smart Notifications don't affect emails. I hope that is not the case, otherwise that would be a very poor implementation of this feature.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, Smart notifications are for push notifications only. Someone correct me if wrong.

ArloDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is unfortunate.  Why don't notification settings affect all channels?  I think that is the case with Mute Notifications as well.  That seems poorly designed.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ArloDan   I think you meant cameras not channels but you have to set up smart notifications for each camera in the smart settings. Like jguerdat said yes you should  not get push notification  but will still get a recording. Not sure what you mean about mute notifications. 

ArloDan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant channels as in, types of notification, which is just email and push (sorry, I should have just said that).  I do understand that a recording will be generated regardless of the smart notification settings and I can confirm that I do NOT receive a push notification as designed.  However, I am still receiving email notifications.

This is the mute notifications post I was referring to: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Muting-Notifications-Doesn-t-Stop-Email-Notifications/m-p/1719710