Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need to register all cameras on an Premier smart plan? Would love to only pay for Video Doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
-MR-
Follower
Follower

I currently have 4 pro 2 cameras and base station. I am happy with the 7 day library.

I understand the video doorbell requires a smart plan for the cloud library feature.  I have been hesitant to do so because I do t want to spend $10 a month for the plan. Do I have to put all of my cameras on the plan or can I pick and choose?

I would love to only have the video doorbell on the plan for $3 a month and keep the other 4 cameras on the free 7 day library that they already are.

please advise 

thanks!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@-MR- wrote:

I would love to only have the video doorbell on the plan for $3 a month and keep the other 4 cameras on the free 7 day library that they already are.

You are supposed to be able to do that, though some here have had trouble preserving the free plan when they add a subscription.

One way to avoid any complications is to create a new Arlo account for the doorbell, and then use "grant access" to let you see all the cameras on both accounts.