Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear really needs to fix the subscription page and make it more user friendly. You can't edit anything on your membership without having to pay for an entire new membership. It credits you back your unused portion but charges you for a whole year if you need to add a feature again.

Also the feature to remove the CVR is not even available. It only says change plan under CVR and when you click it, it takes you to the page to change your Elite Plan instead. Fix this glitch

4 REPLIES 4
Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

As we all know the CVR function is currently broken and adding the feature is causing Arlo cameras to be disabled. Apparently Arlo support is aware of the issue but can't issue any sort of credit for the nonfunction option that we already paid for so they just we cancel the CVR option while we endless wait for them to fix it,if they ever do. The problem with that is that there is NO OPTION to cancel the CVR function because the subscription page is a joke. It only gives you an option to "change plan" under the CVR section which takes you directly to the Edit Plan membership, which is NOT the option to cancel the CVR membership if you uncheck the CVR option. How do you fix this and how do you cancel the membership.

Alro should be able to provide credit for this ongoing issue since we can't cancel just the CVR membership without cancelling all the Arlo membership and paying all over again for a new membership for a whole year.

Why does Netgear, not take these Arlo issues seriously? They charge $250+ per camera and $150+ for a membership. I have spent over $5000+ like an idiot on a 20 camera system that had nothing but issues since i set it up. I regret getting arlo becaue the system is glitchy and doesn't work plus the support to fix the problems isnt there. Like come on, its basic functions and contacting support is a joke. 

All support does is generically send you a link to this page: https://kb.arlo.com/1215141/How-do-I-change-or-cancel-my-Arlo-subscription-plan

WHICH ISNT EVEN UPDATED WITH NEW DIRECTIONS! It apparently was last updated:12/19/2018 but yet it still says 

1. If you are using the Arlo app, tap Edit Account..

There is no option to edit account and the page doesn't ever have directions to edit the CVR membership based on the new updated Subscription page. Even support didn't know that the Subscription page changed. This is absolutely unacceptable! Fix this asap and issue credits to everyone who wasted money on a non-function CVR membership!

Look at the pictures below of the issue when i go to remove/cancel my CVR option

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Sreenadh,

We'll share your feedback to our development team so they can be aware. We appreciate providing this feedback!

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am stuck in this same ridiculous "groundhog day" with my system.  Joining the Arlo CVR feature is like joining the Mafia.  You can't get out.  There is no cancelling or resigning.