Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage recording not always refreshing in app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ckjackysin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using local storage, no subscription, to view recordings in arlo app. 
Every day when I open the app I could view the recordings of that day until the time I first viewed the library. But after that I can no longer view the newer recordings of that day. 
e.g. First time to olen the app on 5 May at 11:00am. I could view all recordings before from 0:00-11:00am of 5 May in the library. But I can’t refresh to view recordings AFTER 11:00am no matter how many times I refresh it / reopen the app. Until next day 6 May I could again refresh to view new recordings of 6 May, but still not those of the 5 May where Im still stuck at before 11:00am. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app? Have you rebooted you base or hub?

ckjackysin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I've tried rebooting the smart hub / phone / reinstalling the app.

My wife and I would login to the same account on our own phone, and the issue occurs on both phones (iPhones Xs and iPhone Xs mini). 

We could only refresh the recordings ONCE a day. Every time after that it would prompt a message saying "Videos stored on XXXXX are not available. Please check your connection settings"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rather than both using the same account, try inviting your wife via grant access. Since your wife apparently doesn't currently have an account she will get the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos. If you use Library for that purpose, you'll need to migrate to the new UI to make this work. Which UI are you using?

The reason for doing this is to see if both accounts have the issue or if it's the sole account's issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Rather than both using the same account, try inviting your wife via grant access.

Note that you can't access the local storage from a "friend" account.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Oops. Dang...

ckjackysin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes... I had set up friend account for my wife when I still had free subscription. But local storage couldn't work so we have to share the same account now.