Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library new video number is way off, and app notifications aren't highlighting activity correctly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I recently got  a replacement base station from Arlo because I was having an issue where videos were recording to the SD card but not getting uploaded to the cloud library. That issue seems to be resolved with the new base station, but now I have new issues.

When I log into my either the Arlo portal on my computer or the Arlo app on my phone, it shows me how many new videos have been recorded since I last logged in, and it is now WAY off. Sometimes it will show zero new videos, but when I go into the library, there are one or two new videos. But more commonly, it will show me a number that is way too high. It will say there were 34 new videos on one camera overnight, but when I look in the library, there were actually only like 7. That is happening on all my cameras- both the Ultras and Pro2 cameras (same base station.) I've been going back and forth with support for weeks, and they don't seem to have an answer for me.

My other issue is that when I get a notification on my phone, the highlighted box that is supposed to show you the car/person/animal is never in the right spot, which makes it really hard to see because the rest of the image is shaded darker. Here's an example.

2019-11-04 09.41.01.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kammfam,

This sounds like it could be a caching issue with the web client or the mobile app...how often would you say you notice the tally being incorrect? When it is incorrect is it completely off (for example it shows 0 when there are 100 recordings) or is it only off by a small percentage?

Is it ever correct or is the number always inaccurate?

JamesC

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

The number is always inaccurate since I installed the new base station. Every single time I look at it. In fact, tonight I just logged in and saw that my main camera said 32 new videos, and while I was looking at the number, it changed to zero! But there weren't 32 new videos or 0 new videos since I had last logged in. There were 16. (It often is double what it should be, which makes me think there's something weird going on in the cloud, because my cameras are all named the same as what they were on the old base station.)

As a side note, it would be really awesome if whoever moves threads could just make a note on the thread that it's being moved. I've been searching all week for this thread after typing it and had no idea where it had gone. I thought it had been deleted.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kammfam wrote:

I've been searching all week for this thread after typing it and had no idea where it had gone. I thought it had been deleted.

That is a downside when of re-organizing all the posts.  Personally I'd rather they didn't do that.

One thing that can help - if you look in your profile, you will find a list of all your posts.  Browsing through that can be quicker than using the forum search tools (or google with site:community.arlo.com).