Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Initial activity recorded, but main activity not recorded.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scotte71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure if this is an Arlo Smart or Arlo Pro 2 (or hub) issue.  Had a contractor access my fenced in backard today for scheduled work.  I received motion notifications on my Android when he opened the gate and looked at the job for about 30 seconds.  This resulted in two short video recordings appearing in the Library.  Within a minute or so, I clicked Mute Notifications for 1 hour on the Android app.  He then leaves the backyard for a few minutes to get his ladder, comes back into the backyard carrying a 22' ladder, sets the ladder against back of house, and goes up and down the ladder at least twice over the next 30 minutes before taking ladder down and leaving.  This is squarely in the field of view of an Arlo Pro 2.  As expected, I didn't receive any motion alerts, but I also don't have any additional video recordings during that timeframe.  Later in the day, I'm in the same area and receive both motion alerts and video recordings.  So it almost seems like muting the notifications caused the recordings to pause for the same amount of time.  Bug? 

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @scotte71

Hav you tried to reboot the camera by removing > re-inserting the battery?

scotte71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took your suggestion and currently monitoring.  I did notice when I reinserted the battery that the charge level went from 30% to 34%, so that was an added benefit.  Smiley Happy