Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I bought a system from Bestbuy and was missing a camera base

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
youssefbusiness
Aspirant
Aspirant

ultra 2 spotlight camera Security Bundle

serial A9W2247UA05A1

THE SYSTEM WAS MISSING 1 ANTI-THEFT MOUNT BASE.

I CONTACTED ARLO THROUGH THE CHAT BOX , AND THE SERVICE PERSON ON THE OTHER SIDE WAS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL,   HERE IE A COPY OF THE TRANSCRIPT

BOT: Hi, I'm Arlo, your virtual assistant. Please choose an option below or let me know how I can help.

USER: Make a purchase 

BOT: Select the Arlo product below that you are interested in. 

USER: Security Cameras 

BOT: What type of Arlo camera are you looking for? 

USER: Outdoor/Indoor Wire-Free Cameras (most popular) 

BOT: The primary difference in the available outdoor/indoor cameras is the resolution, feature set and price. Please select an option below. 

USER: Ultra Camera - 4K 

BOT: The Arlo Ultra 2 camera has the following key features: 
BOT: • 4K video with HDR
• Arlo Secure Plus Plan trial included
• Integrated spotlight
• 180 degree viewing angle
• 2-way audio
• Rechargeable battery
• Enhanced night vision

BOT: For full list of camera features, tech specs and buying options for the Arlo Ultra 2 camera, visit the product page at the link below. 
BOT: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras/ultra/arlo-ultra-2.html 
BOT: https://kb.arlo.com/000062435 
BOT: https://kb.arlo.com/000062437 
BOT: https://kb.arlo.com/000062436 
BOT: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloUltra/Arlo_Ultra_User_Manual_US.pdf 

USER: two camera to add to my new system 

BOT: Yes. You can add as many Arlo devices as your subscription plan supports. Check to confirm if the camera requires a Base Station. If a Base Station is required, determine what Base Stations are compatible. 
BOT: You can stream up to a maximum of 15 Arlo cameras at the same time, but this is dependent on your system set up and your Arlo Smart plan. You might not be able to stream from all five cameras per SmartHub or Base Station if your WiFi network has limited bandwidth. 
BOT: To add a new Arlo device to your existing Arlo account:

Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
 Tap or click Add New Device.
 Select the new device that you are adding from the list of devices.
 Follow the on-screen instructions to add your new Arlo device to your system. 

USER: I want to buy 

BOT: Select the Arlo product below that you are interested in. 

USER: can some one contact me 

BOT: I just need a few more pieces of information in order to connect you with a live agent. 
BOT: What's your first name? 

USER: youssef 

BOT: What's your email address? 

USER: youssefbusiness@gmail.com 

BOT: We sent an email to youssefbusiness@gmail.com from 'do_not_reply@arlo.com'. 
BOT: Please check your email and copy/paste the one-time verification PIN to continue. 

USER: 560340 

BOT: Please clarify/restate the question that I was not able to address, so the Arlo expert can review.  

USER: I want to buy two more ultra 2 cameras 

BOT: I'll send the following details to an Arlo Expert to review.

Name: youssef 
Email: youssefbusiness@gmail.com
Product Name: Arlo Ultra 2 (VMC5040)
Question: I want to buy two more ultra 2 cameras 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Dear youssef, Welcome! 
AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Thank you for choosing Arlo Youssef! My name is Rajkamal and I am happy to assist you. Kindly give me 2 minutes to review the conversation you had with our bot. 
AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Hi Youssef. 

USER: Hi 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): How may I help you with purchasing 2 more Ultra 2 cameras? 

USER: I bought a system from bed buy and want to add two more cameras which they do not have 
USER: best buy 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Sure, Please visit Arlo.com website and search for Item No. VMS5240-200NAS for Arlo Ultra 2 Wireless Security Camera 2 camera kit. 
AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): You may click on the below link - 
https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras/ultra/arlo-ultra-2.html 

USER: also the system I bought was missing one base can you send one for me 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Do you mean the system which you have purchased on BestBuy? 

USER: the link you sent does not have a kit for two cameras it is only individual camera 
USER: yes 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Please try with this link - https://www.arlo.com/en-us/cameras/VMS5240-200NAS.html 
AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry, since you have purchase the device BestBuy and the base is missing could you please check with them whether they could able to re-send it? 

USER: they asked me to contact you..... 
USER: and the link you sent has two cameras and a hub which I do not need 
USER: I only need to add two caeras 
USER: cameras 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Yes, Yousseff. Either you could buy two individual cameras or two camera kit which comes with the hub. 

USER: I have the hub already 
USER: I bought the three cameras kit 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): In that case, Please try to purchase two individual cameras the link which I sent first. 

USER: it is more money while you have two cameras for lower price  

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry, Yousseff. We do not have two camera kit without the hub so I suggest you to purchase two individual cameras. 

USER: what about the base?????? 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): May I know which base you are referring to? Do you mean the base station? 

USER: csat_shown message 
USER: Chat survey was submitted 
      Satisfaction rating: 1/5 

USER: no the system should come with 3 camera's mount base and I found only two in the box, 
USER: I cn not mount the third camera to the wall 
USER: can I chat with a supervisor or give me a contact phone number to call 
USER: support line 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Yes, Youssef. Our phone support team can be reached by logging in to the Arlo app > select 'Settings' > click 'Support' > choose the device you need assistance with > look for Contact and select Phone. 

USER: can you give me the service support contact nomber 
USER: you should be able to help your customers better 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry, Youssef. Arlo does not have contact number due to security reason as they could be reached via Arlo app only by following the above navigation. 

USER: this is not a good experience 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry for the inconvenience, please try logging in to the Arlo app > select 'Settings' > click 'Support' > choose the device you need assistance with > look for Contact and select Phone. 

USER: the phone sign on the app hs no number 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Yes, Just click on it so you would be connected to them. 

USER: it does not take me anywhere  
USER: can you connect me with a supervisor 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry, Youssef. Just to make sure, Are you trying on Arlo app or web browser? 

USER: the Carlo app 
USER: Arlo app 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Thank you for confirming. Please try logging out and logging in back in once and following the same navigation. 

USER: same thing 
USER: connect me with supervisor please you wasting time 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I am sorry, Youssef. On checking with my end, I could see the phone support timing has been closed as it would be available from 6 AM to 6 PM PST. 
AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): And supervisor's could be reached via phone support however since the time is closed, I request to try after 6 AM PST tommorow. 

USER: why would I pay $ 559 for two cameras if I can buy a kit for$ 373 from Bestbuy ? 
USER: can you connect me with supervisor ? 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): I understand, however, that $ 559 for two cameras does come with a smart hub and two camera kit is not available in Arlo website so please try to purchase single camera kit. 

USER: connect me with a supervisor  
USER: Why you ignoring my request? 

AGENT (Arlo Webstore team): Please be informed that supervisors could be reached via phone support however since the phone support is not available at the moment, I request to try after 6 AM PST tomorrow. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@youssefbusiness wrote:

ultra 2 spotlight camera Security Bundle

THE SYSTEM WAS MISSING 1 ANTI-THEFT MOUNT BASE.

While many people do complain about the support experience, I'm not seeing much justification for that in the transcript (once you reached the agent).  Just my opinion.

One challenge in the conversation is that you kept calling the mount a "base".  That is unusual, most people just call it a "mount".  Since the cameras need a base station (sometimes called a hub), the agent needed to be certain that you really meant the mount. 

The agent gave you the cheapest option available in the Arlo store for adding two Ultra cameras (although it did include a base you didn't need) - but you simply didn't want it at that price. 

FWIW, generally the best course of action if you don't receive everything you ordered is to exchange with the seller (which is also what the agent recommended).  

youssefbusiness
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bestbuy asked me to contact you and said that you will send it to me if I ask?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@youssefbusiness wrote:

Bestbuy asked me to contact you and said that you will send it to me if I ask?

To be clear - this is a user-to-user forum, and I do not work for Arlo.

No idea why Bestbuy told you to do that.  Perhaps you said you didn't want to return the whole kit?