Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to remove orphaned device from geofence

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Ellenswamy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged into my wife’s phone with my account. And now her device is showing under geofence. Once with her account and once when I logged in. I removed her device from my account as a trusted device, how do I remove the duplicate device from geofence?

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Is this on iOS or Android? 

Have you tried removing and re-installing the Arlo app? 

Ellenswamy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would have to check, but I know she is on the latest as of March 2023. Not sure if a new one has come out lately. She is on Android. Have not tried to uninstall/reinstall. We are on the new look of the app.

Ellenswamy
Aspirant
Aspirant

The app version is the latest. I uninstalled and reinstalled and wiped cache etc. device still shows twice in geofence. Any other suggestions?

ItsMeMikey
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I log into my account, there are 5 devices (meaning phones and such) which are associated with my account. I've traded in my phones so the old ones are still on the account. How do I get the old ones off and the new ones on?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Ellenswamy 

This feature is currently available. The team is working on reports of an issue with some devices not being removed. 

arloUser58
Star
Star

I first reported this problem way back in February.  I have multiple devices showing up for geofencing.  Devices I haven't had for years and don't know which are actual devices as they only have generic names.  Multiple iphones and ipads.  No way to get rid of old devices.  Told Arlo aware of the issue, yet 5 months later almost and multiple app updates and nothing has changed.  Case number was 43378723.  Could you please fix this so geofencing works reliably.  I need only 2 devices, my iphone and my wife's for geofencing and proper automations.  Yet I have 6 devices in the device list.  I would cancel the accounts we have and setup all new accounts, but we have 2 subscription plans, one for each home we monitor with Arlo cameras so not sure how that can be done, but I suspect if we started clean with new accounts then only 2 devices would show up correct?  Please advise how to accomplish this if you aren't going to fix the "phantom old devices" issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just used it here using the new UI that uses Feed to view videos. Go to Settings, Privacy Center, Account, Available Geofence Devices. I would think the old UI would be reasonably similar but can't test that.

arloUser58
Star
Star

That is the solution to getting rid of the phantom devices and worked for us.

billdavis
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I remove orphaned geofencing iphone devices of an invited friend (wife)? My wife and I have upgraded to new iphones since establishing our Arlo account and as a result we have several old iphone devices which are no longer active. I was able to delete my inactive iphone from the geofencing device list but not my wifes. Unfortunately the "Friends" list for my wife has three iPhones. Two with the same name. I can't determine which is the correct current device to use for geofencing modes. This seems like a fairly basic capability that should exist, but researching the forums I can't find a solution to this issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try doing it from here: Profile > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence Devices