Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
ChefChaudart
Guide
Guide

Hello,

In geofencing parameters, on friends list, how delete old devices ???

I found this, but that's quite old ;

"JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
‎22-06-2021 05:48 PM

At this time, to remove your grant access' devices from Geofencing, you will need to remove them as a grant access and re-invite them to have those devices deleted/updated.

We have shared the feedback to the development team to have grant access users be able to remove old/unused devices. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this."

Any progress ??

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

To remove the devices added by the Admin, The admin needs to sign in to the app and navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s) > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

To remove shared access device(s), the Shared account needs to log in to their app and remove the requested device(s) via the same steps: Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence devices > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

55 REPLIES 55
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Zaklee Can you try navigating to the Profile icon > Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence devices > and select the red icon > Delete. If you want to rename a device you will need to Login to the respective device with the account credentials and rename the top listed device under the same settings (Select Edit option).

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Huskyfan 

Thank you for reaching out. Are you still experiencing this issue with the duplicate devices? Can you share a screenshot if so?

Thank you 

jrlowell93
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS  I have this same problem. I have old devices listed in GeoFencing Enabled devices for a specific camera but I cannot navigate to delete them like you have described. I do not see "> Available Geofence devices > and select the red icon > Delete"

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jrlowell93

Can you provide a screenshot of the missing option?

Maas45
Initiate
Initiate

Hello???? Arlo???? You still have not provided a way to fix this problem. 

I cannot delete my wife's old phone and it is causing geo fence issues. 

Come up with a fix please!!!

jrlowell93
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no available geofence devices

IMG_0679.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jrlowell93 

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app? Can you try clearing your cache on your phone as well. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Maas45 Are you able to login to your wife's old phone with your main account or is the device no longer in your possession? 

jrlowell93
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS 

I attempted both of these and I am still not able to navigate where I can delete a device from Geofencing. Nor can I find where you can add one. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jrlowell93 Do you see the option on the web portal? 

Maas45
Initiate
Initiate

No, but I logged in on her account on the my arlo website and was able to delete the old phone from there under two step authentication. Once I deleted the old phone from that things started working on geofence then. 

Eboh86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like other users in this thread, I do not see this option listed under privacy center??

pcs0snq
Guide
Guide

Arlo Security app iOS 

just replaced my wife’s iPhone and like many others. There is no way to remove friends devices from geofencing edit area, and just as bad, there isn’t a way to edit the friends user name so the new added device looks unique and not like now the same as the 3 old retired iPhone devices.

Arlo support Can you please help me so I can use geofencing?

I think this is causing the green/gray home/away tic from working now on her iPhone. It worked before. It shouldn’t be this hard to use geofencing as a family 

IMG_6682.png

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem we all have. In my case, I show *seven* devices listed as shared with my son, and every one of them is named “iPhone”. No way to tell which is his current one (which is called “[Name]’s iPhone 15 Pro Max.” It doesn’t use the actual names of the old phones. In any case, we can’t even delete any of those devices. Otherwise I would delete them all and start fresh. But no option to delete! It’s just broken functionality. The geofenced indoor cameras turn on whenever my son (with whom I have shared the cameras) leaves the house, and I, the primary account holder, am home with my iPhone. Why can’t Arlo take this seriously and fix it after all this time?

jraysherry
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with geofencing not working because I cannot add my wife’s new phone.  There are already 5 devices on the friends list and it cannot be edited.  The old devices need to be removed and new one added.  Has anyone found a solution.  Terrible that this issue has gone on so long.

lnozzi
Star
Star

Hi everyone, I have the same issue, I’m not able to view the option “Available geofence devices“ into Account neither from iOS app and from web portal; any suggestions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jraysherry 

Can you Launch the Arlo Secure App  > Tap Settings > Tap Privacy Center and navigate to Available Geofence devices and try to remove the unwanted devices.

lnozzi
Star
Star

Hi,

from my iOS app, there isn’t “Available Geofence device” option… 

IMG_3810.jpeg

jraysherry
Aspirant
Aspirant

The navigation you list does not take me to Available Geofencing Devices.  However, I can get to the list of devices and  Friend devices cannot be deleted.  This is the issue that numerous customers have cited and there is no solution.  See the picture attached.  Red Trash Can only by Main User and not for Friend devices.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jraysherry 

The unwanted device will need to be deleted from the shared accounts device.

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Nope. Please see the numerous other comments about this. It does not work. The shared user only sees their current device. The main account holder sees every device ever attached to the account.

In my case for example, it shows about nine or ten previous iPhones and they all are just called “iPhone.” I cannot delete any of them. If I remove the (only) shared person, it deletes the devices. But as soon as I add the person back, all the devices populate again. 

Why can’t Arlo simply admit this is a bug and fix it??? Geofencing does NOT work, and it has been broken for ages. It renders the indoor cameras useless. 

EmilHan
Tutor
Tutor

It doesn’t work, neither from my account or from the guests. We are several people who have tried but it simply isn’t possible. You need to fix this instead of saying the same thing

jraysherry
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had a ticket open on this for 3 weeks.  They have not fixed.  This has been going on for such a long time I think Arlo is either incompetent or does not care.  I guess the solution is to buy a different system from a competitor with software that works!

alex_loo
Guide
Guide

curious to see if there are updates to this issue?

It's frustrating to see admins keep suggesting "trying" this and "trying" that, when those tries simply won't fix the issue.

Is it really that difficult for ARLO to witness the bugs themselves?  Get 2 phones (1 android, 1 iPhone) and a "friend" to perform a typical use case scenario ---

1. daytime home (no cameras on guard = "standby")

2. both leaving home should geo switch to "arm away", turning all cameras on guard)

3. One user back home should trigger "standby" again.

4. When "standby", time automation to "arm home" at 23:30, followed by switching back to "standby" 7:30am.

5. And then extra scenario that when it's "arm away", all time automation are NOT run.

Alex

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@alex_loo wrote:

It's frustrating to see admins keep suggesting "trying" this and "trying" that, when those tries simply won't fix the issue.

Almost all of the posts are from other users (not Arlo mods).