Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

In geofencing parameters, on friends list, how delete old devices ???

I found this, but that's quite old ;

"JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
‎22-06-2021 05:48 PM

At this time, to remove your grant access' devices from Geofencing, you will need to remove them as a grant access and re-invite them to have those devices deleted/updated.

We have shared the feedback to the development team to have grant access users be able to remove old/unused devices. We appreciate everyone's patience in regards to this."

Any progress ??

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

To remove the devices added by the Admin, The admin needs to sign in to the app and navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s) > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

To remove shared access device(s), the Shared account needs to log in to their app and remove the requested device(s) via the same steps: Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence devices > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

29 REPLIES 29
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ChefChaudart 

Can you try navigating to Mode->Geofencing->Enabled Mobile Devices->Edit->Click on the trash icon.

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

There is no trash icon for friends phone !

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks, Are you able to provide a screenshot of the missing trash icon? 

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Here it is ;

Screenshot_2023-12-03-09-25-03-49_b07d45108e326d19169bbaeabc36ea7a.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which device are you trying to remove? The two red icons on the right is the delete/trash icon.

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Friends devices.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you select the white outline box on the left first? 

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor

Yes

Screenshot_2023-12-04-19-41-43-48_b07d45108e326d19169bbaeabc36ea7a.jpg

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you, I will provide more info as soon as possible. 

Jwinders17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue.  I removed the friend account, reinvited and all of the old devices showed back up

lnozzi
Star
Star

 Hi everyone,

I have the same issue, let me just update this topic with my experience from iOS app “Arlo Secure” (release 4.11.1).

I cannot see any “edit” button and of course I cannot see any trash too for friends old devices.

IMG_1741.jpeg

lnozzi
Star
Star

@ShayneS @let me know if you need some more examples or info about the issue.

Just to be clear, in my example, the 3 iPhone device whitout toggle in friends section, are old and unused anymore, but I’m not able to delete them from the list.

EmilHan
Tutor
Tutor

I to have the same issue, I can remove my own old phones, but not that of a friend.

my friend (other user) have four phones in her list, and I can’t remove them, she can’t remove them either.

i tried to remove her from the invited list, and then add again, but her old phones shows up when re-added.

it really is a problem as the geofence isn’t working well, which I suspect has to do with this issue.

any solutions? Can Arlo support remove?

ChefChaudart
Tutor
Tutor
"ShayneS ChefChaudart_0-1706343253968.png

Arlo Moderator
‎04-12-2023 07:52 PM

Thank you, I will provide more info as soon as possible. "

Why do you mean by "as soon" ????  😒

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ChefChaudart 

Did you happen to receive the email from the support team regarding this? 

live2fish
Initiate
Initiate

You also need to add a way to delete phone devices, or at the minimum show the phone number. I have too many showing up and some are old phones. No way of telling which phone is which. it just shows "iPhone" for each one.

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

Great suggestion. Phone number would be the same for old phones though, so just list the name of the phone as it is in iOS. One of my old ones still listed is “[Name]’s iPhone 13 Pro Max”, for example. That would be easy to delete. As it is, they all just say “iPhone” (as you also said). 

CJM2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

To remove the devices added by the Admin, The admin needs to sign in to the app and navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s) > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

To remove shared access device(s), the Shared account needs to log in to their app and remove the requested device(s) via the same steps: Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence devices > Select the device via the red icon > Delete.

lnozzi
Star
Star

Unfortunately, these steps that you suggest:

“navigate to the Profile Icon in the top left > Privacy Center > Account > Available geofence device(s)”

are not possible in the iOS app because there aren’t “Available geofence device(s)” under Account section.

jcplonghorn
Tutor
Tutor

It’s actually under Active Sessions at that path, and there is no option for Available Devices. Regardless, the devices showing there have the same problem we have all been complaining about: They only show a generic “iPhone” or “iPad”, e.g.  They do not show the actual name of the device (e.g., Fred’s iPhone 15 Pro Max). So, it is indeed useless. 

EmilHan
Tutor
Tutor

And also, if you remove active connections the devices themself will not be removed under the geofencing list. 
I tried to do this on both mine and the other users phone and it’s still the same.

on iPhone that is, don’t know how it looks on android

EmilHan
Tutor
Tutor

se my reply in other comment, but this doesn’t work and doesn’t solve the problem on iOS /iphone

Maas45
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello???? Arlo???? You still have not provided a way to fix this problem. 

I cannot delete my wife's old phone and it is causing geo fence issues. 

Come up with a fix please!!!