Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Crall
Tutor
Tutor

Since i signed up for smart functionality my wife dont get any notifications and here phone stoped working with geofencing. Is the Smart features only working if you only have one user? If so this must be the worst release of a feature ever!!

7 REPLIES 7
brh
Master
Master

@Crall

I know that in the rules section of the Armed mode you can add a second email address, but if this will do what you want I have no idea.

Brian

Crall
Tutor
Tutor
No i don't won't emails. I want my wife to get the same notifications in here app as I do. Here login is under "Grant access" and after paying for smart premium and activate that on the cameras she won't receive any updates at all, and all cameras tell here that zones needs constant power (which I don't get I my app). If this is what I get for paying subscription Arlo will be sold right away! This is crap!
brh
Master
Master

@Crall

That wasn't my point. Each person's account is their email account. What I was suggesting is that you add the other email account but only check notifications and uncheck email notifications and see what happens.

Brian

Crall
Tutor
Tutor
I can't find those settings under armed.

But just 10 minutes ago she got the smart notifications for the first time. So I guess it started working after a couple of days...
brh
Master
Master

@Crall

Great!

But, just for you info, the settings are in the Rules section of the Armed Mode and must be set up for each camera. Edit the rules for each camera and scroll down until you see the check boxes for Push Notifications and Send Email Alert. Under that there is a section to add your email accounts that you wish to send the alerts to. Click on the + icon with a circle around it to add more.

Brian

gebutler
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wife & I used to get push notifications to both of our cell phones until Netgear/Arlo changed to Arlo Smart. After upgrading our subscription plan from Basic to Smart, my wife's cell phone gets push notifications but mine doesn't. We both have Samsung Galaxy S7 cell phones, our Arlo apps are up to date & all our notifications are set up exactly alike. We used the same email account. Email notifications works on both our cells.

gebutler
Aspirant
Aspirant

Soon after posting my problem with push notifications, my wife & I uninstalled & reinstalled the Arlo app (again). When reinstalling, we discovered that when reinstalling before my wife selected to Allow the app to access her contacts while I selected Deny. This time we both selected to Allow the app to access our contacts. Now we both get push notifications. I have no idea why this option has any effect on the notifications but it worked.