Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add new base station to my app in a different location

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mrccook41
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a base station and 4 cameras in a vacation home. Arlo Pro 2.  I purchased a new Arlo Pro 3 base station and 4 cameras form my home. When I added the device to my app it added 1 camera to my Pro2 base and now tellls me I can not add any addtional cameras.  How do I seperate the 2 different base stations in the app?  and move the 1 camera back to the new base.

6 REPLIES 6
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I am confused. What are you trying to achieve?

Are all these cameras and base stations in one place? You talk about "vacation home" and "my home".

Are you trying to use two hubs in the same place?

@mrccook41 wrote:

IHow do I seperate the 2 different base stations in the app?  and move the 1 camera back to the new base.

Not sure what that means.

You can "remove" devices in the app. That includes base stations.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
brh
Master
Master

I think he is saying that he has 8 cameras total and would like to have them all show up in his app. I am assuming that he does not have a subscription plan therefore he is limited to the 5 camera limit. The second problem that he will face is that without a subscription he will be limited in the features he would like in the Pro3 cameras. If I am correct in my assumptions,

the solution would be to purchase a subscription plan such as the Premier plan so that all the cameras would be under one account or set up the cameras under two accounts and grant access from each account to the other. 

I already have the Smart Elite plan so I am not sure exactly how the Pro3 cameras work as far as plans go, but I think he will need to purchase a subscription.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@brh wrote:

I already have the Smart Elite plan so I am not sure exactly how the Pro3 cameras work as far as plans go, but I think he will need to purchase a subscription.

Correct. Until Arlo enables local access to stored recordings, no subscription = no access to recordings.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

Correct. Until Arlo enables local access to stored recordings, no subscription = no access to recordings.

Even when they do that I think he'd still need either a subscription or use two accounts.

mrccook41
Aspirant
Aspirant

I solved the problem by adding an additonal account. I did suscribed to the new account for 30day recording. The two systems are in different locations 200 miles apart. sorry for the confusion. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrccook41,

As mentioned above, it sounds like you're increasing the total number of cameras on your account to eight ((4) Pro 2 cameras and (4) Pro 3 cameras). To do this, you will first need an account level subscription that supports more than (5) cameras (Arlo Premier or Elite). You can then add your Pro 3 SmartHub and sync the new cameras.

For more information on Arlo Smart subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC