Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How long does it take to activate Premier Plan subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
eantonio
Tutor
Tutor

How long does it take to activate a Premier Plan subscription? I signed up 2 days ago with one month free. When I login, the Arlo app still says Basic. I tried contacting Arlo through Twitter and no response. Could someone here help me?

10 REPLIES 10
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Pop to the bottom of this page and click "Contact Support" and jump on a live chat with an Arlo agent

eantonio
Tutor
Tutor

I tried but doesn't seem to work. It's stuck at Please hold while we connect you to an agent.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @eantonio,

I have sent you a PM (private message) to further investigate the problem you are having with your subscription.

eantonio
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to get in touch with someone in Chat and it was useless. It seemed like they didn't even know what I was talking about. I had to keep telling them that there was a promo for 1 free month in the Arlo app. In the end, they couldn't help me and had to send my issue with someone else... Anyone here know how to get rid of their credit card with Arlo? I don't feel comfortable after all this.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'm sure JessicaP can sort you out if you correspond with her via PMs

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

My original premiere plan was about to expire so I took advantage of their curent promotion to purchase a smart premier plan with 4 months free if you buy a year in advance. After filling out the form on my iPhone I clicked to complete the transaction and now my system shows that my premium plan went back to basic instead of the smart premier I just purchased. Checked my cc and there is a 1 dollar hold charge. I get that there might be a delay after renewing, but why send me back to a basic plan in the meantime? Also why not alert customers about how long it takes to reflect the change in plans once you upgrade? Anybpody else experience this issue? So frustrating!

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

Did they ever fix your problem? I just upgraded my Premier to a Smart Premier with 4 months free but my system reverted to a Basic plan...did they ask you to redo the transaction?

ginzu98
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issue. Android Phone, using their Arlo App, was trying to upgrade from basic to premiere. After httting "payment complete" it went to my settings adn showed the "basic" subscription was still my subscription. I thought somethign went wrong so I did it again. So now two $1 charges to my discover card. Chatted with support, they had me do this a third time on my computer using chrome browser, same result. So they have escalated my case and are supposed to update me via email. They seemed to think they might have issues with Discover card, but seems unlikely to me since it has billed the $1 charges. I hope I don't get hit with three subscription charges.

I'd suggest contacting them so they become aware of the issue. If/when I get a solution I will post here again.

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

I contacted them twice, once on Friday and Saturday. Ended up wasting close to 2 hours because on weekends the people picking up the support lines are “technical” and don’t seem to know about other support issues. Same speech about Discover card, even though I have been using every single month for the past year. They suggested I use a different cc but could not tell me if the charges already there (1 dollar) would be removed or if the full charge would eventually come through, or if I could get the discount I had already paid for. Was also told they would call me back but never did (typical).

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

UPDATE: Not only was my problem was not fixed, but right after my premier plan expired, TODAY, they charged me for the Smart Premier plan (which I had already purchased on Friday) BUT THEY STILL DID NOT UPGRADE MY PLAN AFTER THEY INEXPLICABLY DOWNGRADED ME TO BASIC. So now I basically paid for the smart premier plan twice, but only have access to 5 of my 8 cameras.