Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How does Pro 2 smart person detection work?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Disciple69
Aspirant
Aspirant

How does Smart Detection Work?

Can you set the detection only for persons ie no false notifications for Cats and large birds?

Do the cameras have to be powered by mains to acheive this?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Disciple69

Arlo Smart evaluates the video after it is loaded to the cloud to determine what caused the recording. So, remember that this evaluation is after the vieo has been uploaded. No power needed, just battery power. Remember too that Arlo Smart is still a work in progress. Try the different settings and see if it works for you.

Brian

Disciple69
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brian

Thanks for the reply, is this why I am seeing a few users stating that there are significant delays in the notifications as the image has to be uploaded and analysed?

Dave

brh
Master
Master

@Disciple69

I think so if they are using Arlo Smart. One other thing - I have my cameras set up in banks of 3 to record if any one of them detect motion. Using Arlo Smart they seem to notify and record one at a time, so I will get one notification and video then another then the last one. I set my videos to record until motion stops which usually gives me very short videos, thus quicker notifications, but sometimes if the motion continues, I get 5 minute recordings on one camera thus delaying the notification for that camera substantially. While Arlo Smart is pretty cool, from a security standpoint where speed is everything, I would nor recommend using it. I don't care if a person or a cat triggered the recording, I just want instant notifications and recordings.

Brian