Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsmeyer
Star
Star

I have attempted to cancel a subscription for months and even though my online accout profile has indicated that I am not subscribed I am still getting charged for 2.99 every month. Tried calling customer support and got someone named "John" and he wanted pictures of my bank account! He refused to do anything without them. I called credit card and disputed to see if that will get their attention. Arlo customer service is very bad. Also my camera keeps going offline now after last firmware update. 

52 REPLIES 52
brh
Master
Master

@jsmeyer

Are you sure you contacted Arlo support and not the fake numbers that are out there? Did you follow the Contact Support banner at the bottom of this page until you found the correct number? Sound suspicious to me.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@jsmeyer

Here is where you find the correct phone number for your country,

https://www.arlo.com/en-US/support/contact.aspx

Brian

jsmeyer
Star
Star

But what if you want to leave cameras active. I upgraded to a premium service then unsubscribed and when I log on it says Basic but I am still getting charged every month 2.99 I tried calling spoke to India and he wanted me to send him copies of my bank statement. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsmeyer,

The 2.99 charge sounds like a smart subscription for one camera. Are you subscribed to Smart for just one of your cameras?

Arlo Subscription Plans

JamesC

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Thank you I did confirm that it is the real Arlo site and I did call that number. As I mentioned when I go into my account at the offical Arlo site it indicates I am on "Basic" plan which is free. I simple tried updated service for one month back in July but decided it did not improve my camera so unsubscribed. There is a disconnect between auto-billing department and subscription department and an even bigger gap between sustomer service and customers. The representative was unprepared to help. I believe his request for my bank statment was just misguided. 

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Thank you but I mentioned I had called customer support, spend 30 minutes of my valuble time trying to work with a person who was not prepared to do anything. Thank you anyway. I will just keep canceling credit charges each month until I get their attention.

jsmeyer
Star
Star

No. I am on  "Basic" plan. That is what I want and according to my profile have. Arlo needs to investigate why my profile is not connected to their billing data. I tried contactinging them and got India. You can not delete your create card info only add or change cards. What can I do I can't correct my profile because it is correct. I had to cancel another credit card charge this morning.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsmeyer,

I will open and escalate a case for the issue you're experiencing. An agent will reach out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Thank you very much. I have had no issues with my Arlo system after nearly 3 years. Have recommended it to family and friends. I'm sure it is a crossed wire and will be simple to fix. I would like to suggest that customer service provide an email address for support, train telephone staff and empower them to do something about these types of issues. Again, thank you. 

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Got yet another email notice Dec. 12th that my automatic payment of 2.99 will be made on the 19th. 

logo

Hi,

Your Arlo subscription for the account ******(I removed my name from here) is up for renewal and will auto renew on 12/19/2018. Your credit card on file will be charged the amount due.

Your subscription will be automatically renewed using your credit card information at the same cost and frequency you have selected, unless you cancel.

To cancel your Arlo subscription, you can visit https://arlo.com

Please note that we must receive your cancellation request before the end of your subscription term so that your credit card is not charged. For the full Arlo Terms of Service please visit https://arlo.com

Thanks for being a member of the Arlo family!

The Arlo team

Arlo and the Arlo logo are trademarks of Arlo Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.  Other brand names mentioned are for reference purposes and may be trademarks of other entities. Information subject to change. 

© Arlo Technologies, Inc. 350 E. Plumeria Drive San Jose, CA 95134-1911

Learn, explore, and connect with Arlo Community of customers and experts.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jsmeyer,

I've sent an urgent escalation request regarding this issue. I apologize that it is still occurring. Please let me know via private message if an agent does not reach out to you with an update with the next 48 hours.

JamesC

C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
Same issue, switched to basic 3 months ago and keep getting charged 9.99 a month. Im about ready to toss arlo all together aswell as my buisness system.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

C_crabtree,

Do you have an open case already with the support team on this issue? Could you send me a private message with your account username that is experiencing the issue?

JamesC

jsmeyer
Star
Star
Arlo Case 40579659 now I’m getting solicitations for sex from this forum from April!!!
jsmeyer
Star
Star

jsmeyer
Star
Star
No effort from Arlo at all. My credit card company said they have ordered an investigation Apparently repeatedly charging a card in this manner could be a criminal offense. I just told them to do what they could do I could stop wasting my time.
C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
Yes i have a case open, 40630799. And i was told it would be taken care of immediately now 3 days later and nothing. My cc company is aware and will be following up after next unauthorized charge. This is redicuolus, the is illegal, and somethjng has to be done..
jsmeyer
Star
Star

Got charged again yesterday!! I called Chase and canceled for the forth time and they said that I needed to cancel my credit card and they would get me a new one. That means setting up all my auto-pay account all over again. Instead I will be contacting Consumer Affairs in Sacramento after the holidays. I am trying to find community bullentin boards to post  alerts about this until Arlo/Netgear gets it resolved. Already posted on Amazon. It is possible that we are getting scammed which means this is a criminal issue so I'll let you know what Consumer Affairs says.

Jc1of2
Tutor
Tutor
I am getting so frustrated with this company. They cannot fix this issue for me. I tried the trial for the arlo smart features and decided it was not for me. I cancelled within the time frame but I still keep getting charged for it. On my app and on the website it shows me as having the basic plan. Yet I still get charged. I tried calling and sending screen shots of my charges as the rep requested. Yet nothing has changed. It has been going on since November. I cannot even use the smart features if I wanted to because my app is stuck on basic. I tried getting it to change but it refuses to. Every time I call they tell me that I am not subscribed to any extra features but every month I get charged again. At this point I am worried that if I cancel my credit card they will just keep charging me and send me to collections for something I don't and can't use.
C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
Nothing has been done still after providing all info i was asked for. Pic proof of unauthorized charged, and then to top it off i asked multiple times if there was anything else i needed to do to take care of issue. They said no, i asked multiple more times!! Still No. 3 days later i get an email asking what kind of credit card so they can syn there system with my account. Now still no response and card has been charged again!!! Month #4 of unauthorized payment after changeing plan to basic..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Jc1of2,

Have you contacted our support team regarding this? If not, I can create a case for you so our support team can help you with this. I'll send you a private message to gather more information from you.

Jc1of2
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I did back on November 5th, 2018.  So far nothing has been done. 

Mokong68
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. I tried the trial in July and cancel in October. Still got charged $9.99 for 3 months in a row now. My Subscription says Basic and should be free. And it won't let me delete or change my credit card info. This is criminal. Just like Comcast used to be when you want to cancel and they give you the run around. This is bull **bleep**. The only way to stop the recurring charges is to cancel my card? I got auto pays link and I have to waist time to go through it just to cancel. Excellent customer service. They hold you hostage for few $.
C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
Has anyone gotten this settled yet? I have two seperate cases open and nothing, i have messaged them privately, social media, phone. And no hep what so ever. And its always a different reason. 1st your account is not not sync’d with the app to website. Did everything they asked. Then they need your bank info, with great hesitation i did that. (2wice that happened) Then im told i didnt change from premier to basic(even though i have photos showing I swapped to basic 3 months ago. (That was another cc 1.00 charge again). How many other things have a done wrong? How can a company the size of netgear continue to be a scam and rippoff. Come on!!!!!