Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsmeyer
Star
Star

I have attempted to cancel a subscription for months and even though my online accout profile has indicated that I am not subscribed I am still getting charged for 2.99 every month. Tried calling customer support and got someone named "John" and he wanted pictures of my bank account! He refused to do anything without them. I called credit card and disputed to see if that will get their attention. Arlo customer service is very bad. Also my camera keeps going offline now after last firmware update. 

52 REPLIES 52
C_crabtree
Guide
Guide
Alro how long till u take action??? Still no refund, and no way have u excepted the fact that u have stolen unauthorized funds.
vys
Tutor
Tutor

I can at least add to your nightmare.  I've about 5 hours and 5 screenshots of bank statements deep into trying to get my money back from them.  I moved from the $10/monthly to an annual, and they continued to charge me for the monthly.  They asked me to cancel the annual in order to "fix the issue".  Now I'm out the monthly charges and I haven't seen a credit for the $100 annual either.

This company has turned into a nightmare inside and out.  I'm completely fed up with them.  The bright side is my multiple notifications issue went away when my account dropped to basic free.  I of course lost access to my additional cameras..lovely.

Jc1of2
Tutor
Tutor

It appears the problem has been fixed.  I am now able to go to my settings and change the plan back to basic.  When I did that I got a screen telling me I would be refunded for the last month.  Thank you for making that adjustment.  

jsmeyer
Star
Star

I was told the same thing. Had to finally cancel credit card and have them reissue a new card to get charges stopped. They never got billing and plan subcription departments sync'd!!!!

Aleung99
Initiate
Initiate
I need a phone# and email to contact someone for trying to recharge me for another subcrition. Someone help me.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the phone option here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Well its Feb and I am still getting charged 2.99 for a subcription canceled over six months ago. I dispute the charge with Chase every month and they refund. I have canceled the credit card that was used on my Arlo account. Still somehow and for some reason I am getting Arlo Technology charges. The time I have had to spend dealing with this is significant. Yes I have called them, yes someone has offered to escalate my case. I was even told in my last conversation with them that it had been resolved. I did complain to California Consumer something or other to file a complaint and got a form letter saying that I will be contacted. Nothing. I love my camera but this is as I said before criminal.

jsmeyer
Star
Star

Dear Arlo moderator. Have you noticed that this is a wide spread problem? I believe you are sincere but your comments only give the illusion that the problem is minor and that the case will be resolved simply by your escalation. I'm still waiting to get my problem solved.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I am having exactly the same problem in New Zealand. 

Straight up going to quote Arlo Support Case # 40685387.
Signed up for single camera smart service in November 2018. Did not work and vanished from my account. But I am now receiving charges for it on my credit card still today (Feb 2019) 
Spent hours on phone only to be told I have a subscription. Yet my account shows no subscription. I have been sent automated email after automated email. Escalation after escalation, I have had online chats with service centre which states I have zero smart accounts.. 
Kiwis will understand me when I mention "Fair Go" and as they are one of my clients I am tempted to use it. 
It may only be $4 NZ a month, but it is the principal.. 
And when I ask for someone in accounts to contact me. I am told "I will email the appropriate department" 
Had enough. Over it. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @shoustonnz,

Sorry to hear the experience you're having with regarding this. I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon!

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Jessica.

I never received the support phone call you promised. So I rang them. I managed to speak to Level 2 support.

Who now admit, I can not see the subscription at my account, therefore I can not cancel it.

I then bought up the "error 14016  We are sorry we are unable to change your plan. Please try again now." I am experiencing trying to purchase a single camera subscription.

I have been further escalated to Engineers and Billing department. So I have been told. And I will be contacted.

When I asked for a promotion code for a premier plan (which I have purchased in the past, but cancelled due to lack of notfications). I was told no such thing exists.

Jessica I will PM you this message too, with names of support staff I have spoken too.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Update. I have just received 4 credit card refunds. Still no answer on the 14016 error. So can still not purchase a single camera subscription. And no offer, yet on a promo code as a workaround/compensation for Premier plan.
swtwest
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the exact same problem and it's getting beyond frustrated! Please someone help before I lose my damn mind here, as canceling my card is way too time consuming.....at least it should be anyway.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @swtwest,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information regarding your subscription. Hope to hear from you soon.

Johne5
Initiate
Initiate

U have to cancel ur whole credit card or report fraud cause nobody can help u n the app on phone don’t work nor does a computer or tablet 

Johne5
Initiate
Initiate

I already have a case number u idiots still can’t cancel my subscription so I had to report fraud on my account cause my cameras have not been on over a year ago when I canceled it

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Johne5,

I sent you a private message to gather more information from you.

Patty67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also tried to cancel my account, called them, and even to the point of calling my credit card co and putting a stop payment for their monthly charges. Still getting charged every month!! Frustrated beyond belief! Total SCAM!!

DrLove
Initiate
Initiate

I too would like to take advantage of the TRIAL SUBSCRIPTION..  Where is your cancellation policy clearly written?  How do I "contact your support team"?   Where is your Customer service numer or email contact info?

THe number of users experiencing problems with cancellation scares me off. Your free trial is for "Arlo Smart" but when you signup it is actually for the Premier version, very decptive. in order to play with big boys, AMAZON, GOOGLE, you need to clearly state how to cancel since you go to great lengths to sign users, we want to know how to cancel.  I got to "COMPLETE PAYMENT" and nowhere was a cancellation steps, so I exited.

Patty67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact story with me! I called my CC company to put a stop payment but I'm still getting charged 10.59 for the past few months, even though I changed to basic months before. There is no way I can tell to cancel your account on the website, even though their emails tell you you can cancel at any time!! I think it's unfair to have to go through the trouble of cancelling your credit card for one dopey company!

Mokong68
Tutor
Tutor
What I have been doing is turn off the credit card during the time of renewal so the card would be declined. I was able to change it to a card I hardly use. After the first month I did this, they keep trying to renew to the card on file but kept getting declined. I eventually got an email from them saying that my account will change to Free Basic which have been for months. So now I still get monthly notice of renewal and I turn off the card again. But looks like they never try to charge the card on file because I never get decline notice anymore.
Patty67
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do you do that? (Turn off the card?) I tried to delete my cc info also on my account, but it popped right back in there! I've had to resort to calling my credit card Co and filed a complaint and stop payment alerts for Arlo Technologies.

Mokong68
Tutor
Tutor
Bank phone app. My credit cards and debit card app let you turn on/off the card instantly. Great if your card get stolen you can disable it immediately.
glphillips91
Initiate
Initiate

We were having the same problem. The instructions did not match the actual Subscription page on MyArlo. We discovered another reason their product is not trust worthy. When your plan appears, the first HIGHLIGHTED option is to "Change". There is no highlighted to "cancel". There TRICK is, the "cancel" is not highlighted. The average person would thing the the faint cancel meant cancel what you just inputted like all others. You actually need to click on the faint cancel option. To me, that is VERY tricky and causes people to be unable to cancel their subscription. I hope this will help others, very aggrevating. 

PS, we returned the unit because of the ability to get answers for help needed. 

Patty67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, glphillips91!!   I did this and it actually said my subscription is cancelled now. They must have fixed this issue on their website finally, because I never could do this before. ( and I agree, the light grey “cancel” button was deceiving.) Proof will be when I stop getting their emails about my monthly charge!