Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
NanoKaboom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't move my cameras in my Arlo Smart settings in my Android app.  I want to move them from Inactive to Active but all six cameras do not move.  I cannot drag them anywhere.  They are all in the inactive section.

However, although they are all "inactive" I am still getting Smart-style notifications (i.e. "Person detected") with the redundancy and delay. 

I am a Premier subscriber, but I do not have any Person/Vehicle/Animal settings available on any of my camera settings.

Settings -> Arlo Smart (Manage and Notifications) -> Edit -> "Manage Arlo Smart" : no cameras can be dragged anywhere

Android

VMB4000 Base Station

29 REPLIES 29
dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have you tried moving them in the browser app?

NanoKaboom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Short answer: no, because I can't login.

It's a separate issue, but I can't login to the browser app.  I keep clicking "Login" but nothing happens.  It doesn't return an error message.  I know the password is correct because it's the same as the one I'm using on my phone app. 

ddwhatley
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. In addition to a variety of Arlo problems. I spoke with support, on the phone, last Friday (11.30). And they opened a ticket, escalated, and promised they'd get back to me. Nothing doing. The lady to talked with me acted as if she had never heard of this issue. I'm confident Netgear will have this resolved sometime in 2019.(!)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

As you are all aware, our development team is aware where some users are unable to move the cameras from "Inactive" to "Active" and is currently investigating the problem. We will make sure to update the community as we hear more information. In the meantime, try to reboot the Base Station and see if that helps.

JTRAN80
Guide
Guide

You have to cancel the plan (youll get a refund of unused portion of the plan), then pay again. I know by experience.

bkboygenius
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue on all of my cameras. Its a shame that this issue isnt formally acknowledged somewhere.

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

This does not work. When I try to activate smart activity I get “you are not authorized to make this change “. 

Spent over 2 hours with support resetting my subscription only to find out they are working on this?

ever sense the recent updates to the app this along with smart zones is broken?  

We we are working on it after I have spent hours on this is no longer an acceptable answer.

yes I have tried on pc and app. Broke broke broke

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

I did this , did not fix the issue !

Iamspartacus8
Star
Star

ok Arlo Employee?   You posted you are aware on 12/07 ..  Any updates on estimates on a resolution?  at what point to we anticipate a credit for not recieving the features we subscribe too? 

tadr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke with chat support concerning this issue, was advised to remove subscription and re-subscribe. After completion, this is still an issue, arlo camera set to inactive in 'Manage Arlo Smart Screens'. Please advise how to fix this issue.  

tadr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screen shot attached above..

jakobkuehne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Arlo Go.

In the app and on the web. At first I thought it was a problem with the app and my P20 Pro. Then I tried it on an S8+, same problem. The same on the web.

On the screenshot you can see exactly where the Web App hangs forever (several hours already waited).

EJNaut
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue - tried to cancel, resubscribe, etc......tried each of the subscriptions.  Nothing.  

786tmgibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo doesn't have the Arlo Go listed as a model above. Maybe that is why the settings don't work on PC or android app. I can see why this is a low priorty for arlo. Now that they have the subscription money there is no reason not to tank this product or fix these long standing problems. As long as people keep buying and subscribing, what is the downside to not solving the problem?

786tmgibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though I have a subscription to Arlo Smart, I can't add the camera in the setup. It hangs when you try to move the camera in setup and ultimately fails when the login times out and you get booted.

regruh
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue.  I originally signed up and then my credit card address changed so my monthly payment was declined.  So I had to sign up again and now I can't move the camera to the active list.  Before my previous subscription was canceled it worked, now since signing up again, it doesn't work.  This is VERY frustrating.  I've rebooted the camera, no change.  My Arlo is a Pro2 with built-in cellular so there is no base station.  

AlexKid
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same problem
I paid for a annual subscription for my two Arlo Pro 2 but every month I have one of them out of the subscription... Helpdesk can’t solve this problem obviously !

The main issue is not the loss of notification but the battery drain
Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have been struggling with the same problem and tried multiple times with tech suport to fix it and haven’t been able to make it work. Just wondering if you ever got it to work?

Thank you
AlexKid
Apprentice
Apprentice

try to cancel your subscription and take it back 48 hours after and keep us posted

AlexKid
Apprentice
Apprentice
I checked 2 min ago and unfortunately I noticed the same camera has disappeared from Smart Notifications.
So once again and like every month I’m paying for a service that I can’t use ...

ARLO TEAM NEEDS TO WAKE UP !!!!
786tmgibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of the first things I tried. Arlo support is abominable.

786tmgibs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never been able to move my Arlo Go into active, but I can set schedules and define activity zones. This may be a bug in their web site.

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
What a sad state Arlo is in... This is the worst experience I have had with cameras and I’ve tried some really cheap ones before that at least did what they said they would. Telling people to cancel and resubscribe (which I’ve tried w/o success but not for 48 hrs though I will) is no way to run a business for months and months. They do NEED TO WAKE UP! Their last iOS app update completely removed parts of smart from my ability to manage it. Seems like it’s just getting worse and worse.

Thank you for your replies.
NewArloUser1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well it's good to know that my brand new top of the line model (Ultra VMB5000R4 base station and H6 "Ultra" cams) are having the same widely report issue as users have been experience since December of 2018....

I originally purchased a 3 camera Pro 2 kit.  2 of the 3 cameras had this issue - they went inactive and i could not toggle them back to active.  Once this happened, they were showing inactive for smart notifications - yet they were clearly triggering alerts (all alerts enabled - default?) again.  

Didn't matter because I was already planning to return them for the upgraded 4k resolution models.  Got a 2 camera Ultra kit and 1 camera just did the same thing.

Went through all the troubleshooting steps that have been mentioned in here, with no luck. 

Funny thing is the web browser shows that the 1 inactive camera is active - it even lets me toggle smart notification settings... but no matter what I change - it's still giving me alerts for everything (default?).  The mobile app continues to show the 1 camera as inactive and doesn't let me toggle.

I even tried changing my subscription, which made me forfeit my free trial of premier.  Still no luck - inactive.

I can't believe with how many users there are reporting this, that it hasn't been fixed in ALMOST AN ENTIRE YEAR.

This has been an absolutely terrible experience from the first attempt to install (firmware search taking forever and failing multiple times due to no response from the server). Multiple cameras succumbing to the same inactive status (which enables all smart alerts and doesn't let you change anything). 

Now finding out that there's no resolution in almost a year.

This really says a lot about a company... tech support has escalated this issue for me.  If i don't get a resolution within the 24-72 alloted hours they told me - netgear has lost my business for life.  I will tell every single person I ever run into to not purchase netgear products - especially not an Arlo.