Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo web page to sign-up for Smart Plan. Nothing works. Have tried contacting support.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
cobiaj2525
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to sign up for the multi camera Smart Plan on the ARLO web page. After entering name, address, credit card info and checking the box for accepting the terms, the page freezes and does nothing. I tried several times on my computer and my phone.

When I went to chat with a rep, I was put in a que with 55 other people. I tried to call service and after being on hold for 30 minutes a rep answered and I explained the problem and that all  I wanted to due was purchase a plan. The tech advised she would have to transfer me to someone else. After another 30 minutes on hold  in the que, a 2nd tech answered and I explained the problem. This person again advised that she would have to transfer me to someone else. At this point after be on hold for over an hour I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold again. After another long wait the tech picked up and said she would transfer me at which time she cut me off. The supervisor called back and I again explained the problem. She advised that she would have to refer this matter up to level 2 supervision because she could not help me. I like ARLO products but this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Not sure if I would ever refer them to anyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cobiaj2525
Aspirant
Aspirant

Level 2 just called back. Seems the web page to sign up for a smart plan and enter your name, address, and credit card info does not work on Microsoft edge web browser. Tech supervisor had me switch to Chrome and everything worked fine. You would think the other 4 members of the tech support team I spoke to would be aware of this since so many people have complained and had the same experience. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cobiaj2525
Aspirant
Aspirant

Day 2 and still no call back from "level 2 supervision" to resolve issue of inability to subscribe to smart plan.

cobiaj2525
Aspirant
Aspirant

Level 2 just called back. Seems the web page to sign up for a smart plan and enter your name, address, and credit card info does not work on Microsoft edge web browser. Tech supervisor had me switch to Chrome and everything worked fine. You would think the other 4 members of the tech support team I spoke to would be aware of this since so many people have complained and had the same experience. Hope this helps.