Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Pinnacle74
Star
Star

About one hour ago I purchased the Arlo Smart Premier subscription, mainly to get the following:

• Enhanced notifications that tell you what Arlo sees and hears, right from your smart phone lock screen.
  • Filter unwanted notifications with person detection

The notifications I receive on my iPhone 7 plus (iOS version 11.4, Arlo app version 2.5.3) is exactly the same as I received before, there's nothing "enhanced" about them other than the extra cost and I have no option what so ever to filter unwanted notifications with person detection.

So, $10 down the drain!

I would really like to evaluate this but paying another $10 for no new features is not something I would like to do.

Hence my recommendation to the Arlo team, considering the number of issues your customers have experienced lately, is to give this new "smart feature" for free to all customer for at least a three month period.

Doing this will give Arlo a chance to iron out a lot of bugs and will also avoid your customers to get even more frustrated with the Arlo product, which still cost a considerable amount to purchase initially.

Hit the "Kudos" button below if you are an Arlo customer and agrees with my above statement!

14 REPLIES 14
Pinnacle74
Star
Star

I just read that it may take up to 24 hours for the new feature to be available so I guess I just have to wait.

However, I still think that Arlo should provide this new feature for free to all customers as I stated above!!

Grego30
Tutor
Tutor

Delete the app and re-install.  I had to do that

DeLaCruz10
Tutor
Tutor
You didn’t have the free first month?
Pinnacle74
Star
Star
I have tried re-installing the app, still no smart functions. I have even tried to install in on an old Android phone, a 100% clean setup where the phone was factory reset before I installed the app, still no smart functions.
Pinnacle74
Star
Star
Nope, I was never offered a free month when I changed my subscription.

I had to pay $9.99 for the “Premium” subscription, which should include the Arlo Smart features. But it doesn’t...
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

So feckless of Arlo promising new features for a fee,  while the advertised and promised basic ones still don’t work. 

Rob198690
Star
Star
I’ve paid the subscription fee and downloaded the app update but the notifications are the same as always. Why does Netgear think they can release everything without testing?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is currently available only in the US. An announcement will be made when it becomes available in other countries.

JamesC

Rob198690
Star
Star
Why is this not advertised clearly on your website then? Your happy to take peoples money and give the impression that it is available everywhere and it is only the e911 feature that only works in the US. Blatant false advertising!
VoodooHelo1
Star
Star

Yep, 100% agree!!

Its available to upgrade via the Apps and online through your Arlo account.

I got scammed by this, now awaiting my refund in full!

Stavrinos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all.

I am really angry with Netgear.

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2, system. (three cameras and a base station). I did a fairly good research beforehand, and even though these are expensive, I decided to buy them.

These are not smart cameras. Where is the inteligence in this system? These are wireless webcams at the most. Other systems in the market (Netatmo, Nest) have smart features.

Up to a few weeks ago, I was OK with the fact that these are dumb cameras, since I was with the impression that the smart feature will be available soon enough. Today I found out that this feature has become available only in the US.

WTF Netgear???

I mean what's the reasoning behind this? What about the rest of world that has purchased these cameras?

Is the feature coming to Europe sometime soon? When?

I am deeply disappointed for this.

The main reason I wanted this feature is to be able to avoid getting constant notifications about my pets running around in the yard.

If I don't have this feature, I have three expensive webcams attached to my walls.

Any comments from the community?

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

Agrees100% with you. the system is unusable with all false alarms. So right now I only have 9 webcams and very expensive ones. So please Netgear can you please give us a hint when it will be released, 2 month or a half year? please something, so we know what to expect!

Please @JamesC!

Notrab
Apprentice
Apprentice

I tried the free month. I saw absolutely no reason to bother continuing with it.  It just labeled my videos if it though there was a person. That's it. A total waste of money.

jsturess
Luminary
Luminary

So you still got the bunch of "false alarms", but some of them was labeled person?