Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice

Iv recently subscribed to the arlo smart plan and use use the activity zone so that i dont receieve unwanted notifications, however im still getting notifications for movement OUTSIDE of the activity zone that iv setup! Why? what is the point in paying for a smart plan subscription service if its going to be the same as not having one.
If it doesnt get fixed i will end up cancelling my plan, no point in paying for a service that does not work. Very disapointed.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Ziya,

Have you tried removing the activity zones and re-creating it to see if that helps?

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Iv tried that many times. Iv even taken it off and re set the zones via the web portal to see if that worked, still the same. Im getting notifications as i type this for the road that is not even on my zone list.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried power cycling your Base Station to see if that works? Otherwise, don't hesitate to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
What is power cycling? Is it turning power off then on again after a short while? If so already done that.
As to you question about me contacting support team, i keep calling them on the number and after 4 and a half mins on hold the music stops playing in the back ground i assume i was still on hold and waited for over 1hr (1h 18min) and no one answered the phone. Every time i try and call i get no answer having waited for ages on hold!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Since you weren't able to talk to the support team, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.