Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro you don’t have permission for this function

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
rala
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep getting message ‘you don’t have permission for this function ‘when trying to manage Arlo Smart function. I’m administrator.

6 REPLIES 6
Oldarmy07
Guide
Guide

Same issue. Posted on the Arlo Pro 2 forum as well but haven't found a fix yet.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

What device are you using when you see this error? Do you get the same message when using a different device (such as a PC)?

Try rebooting your base station and then try again, do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

DL910
Tutor
Tutor

I have same issue and have tried a Mac, PC runiing windows 10, and an Iphone.  Computers freeze when trying to move cameras from inactive to active.  App says I don't have permissions.

easton2018
Initiate
Initiate

Me too! Very Frustrating!  It will not update the picture for my activity zones even after trying to take a snapshot and rotating the image.  Tried to manage which camera was active with Arlo Smart subscription in the app and now it is showing no permission to edit either camera.  So I tried to log onto my subscription on the computer in windows and the website just freezes up and won't work!  How do I update my activity zones and how do I manage my Arlo Smart Subcription?

Michaelleyh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Same Problem. Has this issue resolved yet?

Mickiwul
Star
Star
I have a bad workarround. If you reset your base controller, NOT restart but RESET, with a pen, then you can resolve this issue. But it takes time , you have to start all over again, with connecting all your cameras. ( i did this once my self) and now 1 week after i resolved this , i now again have the same problem, thank you arlo company 😞