Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo has been unresponsive. Saw a charge of $9.99 every month but I don't see any subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
stoneshabad
Guide
Guide

I haven’t used my Arlo in a few years. The last time I set it up it was unresponsive.

I just noticed I have a charge from Arlo of $9.99 every month.

When I log into myarlo app or log in on a browser I have no subscription.

Without a subscription I can’t get support.

I still have a monthly charge though. I cannot get around this and the current credit card has been changed.

Please Arlo, help me either access my subscription or cancel it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
Thank you! I was able to find a chat support and as soon as it was made a case# my problem was confirmed and was resolved. I appreciate your help, I felt I was going around in circles seeing the same pages over and over.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stoneshabad wrote:

I just noticed I have a charge from Arlo of $9.99 every month.

That's for LTE service, not for Arlo Smart.

I suggest contacting support, using the link in the top right of the forum page.

stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
Thanks,

I just realized my product was Arlo Wireless. The first Gen Arlo camera.

I don’t see a link for support on my phone. I’ll look on my pc.

This is very confusing as neither of my Arlo accounts have any subscription. That’s one reason I can’t use Support. If the charge is LTE what would that be for?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stoneshabad wrote:

I just realized my product was Arlo Wireless. The first Gen Arlo camera.

Then it's not a charge for LTE, you must have paid for Arlo Smart.

Subscriptions can be managed in the app, but it might be easier to use https://my.arlo.com

stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
Hi everyone,

I used to have two Arlo base stations and 6 cameras. I had several months where they were great and provided streaming views of my property. One recording was used in a trial as evidence of a crime.

They gradually stopped working, batteries failed frequently or the cameras were disabled by sunlight causing the “red” effect. Cameras couldn’t connect to the base stations. I gave up.

I do not remember what happened to the cameras or base stations. My wife may have donated them. I had reset the base stations when I gave up on using them.

Now I see I’m getting a $9.99 monthly charge from Arlo. If I access my accounts (one for each base station) I have no devices listed and no subscription service. I have no payment option to check. I can’t find anything related to this charge.

I can’t access support because it requires you have a subscription which I don’t. The Arlo phone number on the bill has a rotating message regardless of choice. It just repeats asking the same two questions with no answer.

I’d really like to stop being charged for a service I don’t have but so far I’ve been stumped trying to get help.

My credit card bill lists it as Arlo under a broader category of Netgear. Netgear says they are not associated with Arlo. It took them 15 minutes to get back to a support request.

All in all very confusing.
stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
I have no subscriptions on my accounts. I have no payment method to access.

I made a new post in the correct area since this post was under Arlo Go.
stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
Screenshot of myarlo.com
stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
From the app
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@stoneshabad wrote:

I can’t access support because it requires you have a subscription which I don’t. The Arlo phone number on the bill has a rotating message regardless of choice. It just repeats asking the same two questions with no answer.

You actually should be able to get support w/o a subscription.  Perhaps @JamesC can assist.

You could also dispute the charge with your credit card company.

stoneshabad
Guide
Guide
Thank you! I was able to find a chat support and as soon as it was made a case# my problem was confirmed and was resolved. I appreciate your help, I felt I was going around in circles seeing the same pages over and over.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm glad you were able to get it dealt with.