Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

153 REPLIES 153
Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
I can’t even get to the mode screen. Just is a white screen with arlo symblo and then closes
TG123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Suddenly the app is crashing on my iPhone.  Latest version of IOS. Yes I have tried turning the iPhone off and on again.  Yes I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  It just crashes about a second or two after opening - although I still get motion alerts.  Cannot alter any setting because it crashes too quickly. This is unusable.  The devices are not that old, unacceptable that they be 'bricked' after such a short time.  Suggestions?

rsgst6
Aspirant
Aspirant

This app never seems to run correctly and now app continues to crash every time I attempt to access the app with my IPhone 7. App opens, attempts to load, and crashes within 3-4 seconds.  I have latest IOS 14.1, and latest version of Arlo App. I have tries offloading, deleting , and re-installing app with no solution. I have spoke with techs from Arlo, and Apple. No Solution. However, I can access Arlo, and view my cameras using my home PC, and work Laptop. My wife has the same phone as I, and is able to access the app from her Phone. I am extremely frustrated with this product. Is anyone having the same, or similar issues?

rsgst6
Aspirant
Aspirant

This app never seems to run correctly and now app continues to crash every time I attempt to access the app with my IPhone 7. App opens, attempts to load, and crashes within 3-4 seconds.  I have latest IOS 14.1, and latest version of Arlo App. I have tries offloading, deleting , and re-installing app with no solution. I have spoke with techs from Arlo, and Apple. No Solution. However, I can access Arlo, and view my cameras using my home PC, and work Laptop. My wife has the same phone as I, and is able to access the app from her Phone. I am extremely frustrated with this product.

jsalalima
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same, the Arlo App always crashes within 2 seconds of opening on my iPhone 11 Pro and my 1st gen iPad 12.9, latest iOS 14.0.1
jsalalima
Aspirant
Aspirant

After reading some tips on this thread I got it to work. Seems to be related to a sheer number of notifications (I had 31,000+)

I logged in on a desktop machine to my.arlo.com, then when each of my camera devices loaded I clicked on the ones with notification count badges and upon randomly clicking through the calendar dates it magically cleared to 0. Afterwards I was able to open the app on iOS without crashing.

PS: maybe unrelated - after my iOS app kept crashing I decided to enable two-step authentication to see if it helped (this alone didn't fix the issue)

OkanC
Guide
Guide

@jsalalima : It's really remarkable: 31,000 notifications... You are lucky, that it works now. I only got ridiculous 15 notifications, and it doesn't work with this proposal. Please, Arlo team, fix that problem!!!

JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

the issues seem related to the automatic deletion. I use free cloud storage and my recordings should be automatically deleted after a week. One of my cameras didn't get the recordings deleted automatically then it goes white screen while the others work normally. I manually deleted all recordings and it works fine. My system was completely dead when it accumulated 28,000+ recordings

benbonnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted my recordings... thousands didn't auto delete.  this also fixed my issue of the app crashing

OkanC
Guide
Guide

@benbonnell ; @jsalalima : I tried it again and deleted my 30 notifications (ridiculous amount, I know). After that I installed the App again, and when starting it in the first moment it shows 1 notification and then immediately crashes - so problem still exists. So your issue must have another reason... so you are lucky. Still no comment or idea from Arlo, very frustrating.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
Finally, I got the app to work on my iPhone XR running iOS 13.7. I deleted the app from the phone, signed in through a laptop, changed the password, clicked through the recordings to zero out the notifications, reloaded the app onto the phone and I was able to sign in. I have successfully signed in since that initial one as well.
Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you guys do a step-by-step how to do this. I am logging in online but I don’t see any more saved videos I’m just trying to try everything and want to make sure I’m doing it right and make it sure that I’m doing every step my Arlo app is still not working going on over a month getting really frustrated with no word from Arlo so at this point I have tried to re-download upload it again did a factory reset on my phone and nothing has worked talked to apple and they say it is arlo and not my phone so.
Lawprof53
Guide
Guide

Like many, I've tried deleting recordings, etc., but still no success with the Arlo app on my iPhone X with iOS 14.0.1. It continues to crash upon opening. It does ask if I want notifications on. If I click yes, the app icon will show 19 notifications even though I've deleted all recordings, so there must be something screwy with the notifications and whatever the app is trying to access when it launches.

Yes, I can still use my computer to log in and view recordings, but live view is sketchy and I don't get notifications when the motion sensors are triggered. I've spent more than $1000 and multiple hours installing this system, and it's virtually worthless without the app.

Arlo seems to be slow walking any fix. I've opened a ticket, but they keep sending me useless "fixes" and keep asking for "updates." But no solutions.

Looks like the makings of a class action lawsuit. 

Robinjo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m experiencing the same problem. App crashing when I try to change mode. Running iOS14.0.1 on iPhone X.

Created a ticket to Arlo.

It sucks that they haven’t fixed it f yet.
Phoenixtpm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing. iPhone 7. IOS 14.0.1. Tried all the usual fixes. Arlo, you have a problem. You need to fix it. Now to go and try and sort out a battery which has suddenly stopped charging even tho all Arlo components.
Lawprof53
Guide
Guide

I filed a ticket a few weeks ago. All Arlo support has done is to send me a request for updates every 4-5 days. In the most recent request for an update, they asked me to give information about the affected base station/camera and my internet speed. This is what I sent back in response:

Why do you keep asking me for updates? Why don't you give me updates about how YOU'RE working to solve the problem?

I have described the problem multiple times to you—the Arlo app immediately crashes upon launch with my iPhone X running iOS 14.0.1. Yet, your email misstates the problem: "I Understand That Your Arlo App Still Working After Performing The Troubleshooting Step." NO, it's not "still working"—it's NOT working. (And please stop writing sentences with every word capitalized. That's not proper English usage.).

You want additional information about the affected base station/camera and internet speed. These are NOT the problems. The base station and cameras are working fine. My internet speed is fine. The problem is with the APP, not the hardware.

So far, your support has been a joke. Get on top of this or find somebody who can.

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is BS now. My ticket has been open for over a month. It’s not the end users as we all had our cameras and App working fine prior to this update. Word is out on this site along with Facebook and Instagram. Not good as this setup was $$ and useless to my family and I.
Danial_Sloan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo App on my iPhone crashes as soon as I open it.  I was able to open the app on my old iPhone.  So I know my log in works. 

How to I get it to stop crashing on my Iphone XS

screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found a work around.
It’s annoying, but it worked for 2 of my family members.

The app works for me, on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, but stopped working for my girlfriend, with same phone.
She is an invited user on my account.
So to fix her app from crashing, here’s what I did.
1. I revoked her access to the cameras.
2. Had her open up the arlo app, and it loaded fine, but now had no cameras linked.
3. Had her sign out of the app.
4. Used another email address of hers, to send an invite for access to the cameras.
5. She created a new arlo account through website, and turned on text message two step authentication. (If you do push notification, it will not work correctly, unless you have access to a 2nd device) so just do the text option.
6. She accepted the invite.
7. Opened up the arlo app and signed in with new email address, and now it’s working again.

I DID NOT HAVE TO DELETE ANY RECORDINGS.

so, I’m just guessing, but if your main arlo account is the one that is crashing on the app. Then you should log in to their website, with broken account, and send an invite to yourself with a different email address. And grant yourself full admin access.

The one thing that I’m realizing as I type this is that you may not be able to sign out of the arlo app, on your phone. To log in with new account.
(Although it should log you out of phone, when you log in with a computer or browser, so I think this fix will still work for everyone)

And then just wait for arlo to fix the bug and you can go back to your old user account.
HarryG84
Aspirant
Aspirant

You seem to be lucky!  Arlo appears to have locked out all my other applications and I can't even switch my phone off!  I can use the Arlo app and can navigate to the various Arlo functions, but I can't close it or load any other apps on the phone. Tried everything and now looks as if I'll have to reset the phone ....and lose last holiday and birthday photos! Have reset my password and logged in with new password, but still can't get rid of the Arlo app.  Can't even delete it!  Ridiculous situation.

screech610
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resetting your phone would be a terrible solution to this issue. Especially if you don’t even use iCloud to backup your photos. I suggest you find an IT person to help you before making such a bad decision.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@HarryG84 

I agree with @screech610  since you can't open any other apps seems to be a phone problem as your problem is not related to this thread problem and have not seen any other post related to yours.  You should contact apple or IT. 

Heimedall
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just curious - it is October and my app is still crashing. Did they ever fix yours?

Also using an iPhone XS with iOS 13.7.

I’m kind of wondering if I can post this message (because in all probability, the website will crash.)
JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Heimedall As I deleted ALL recordings by logging in the account from a PC, it's been working for me so far. But I know that doesn't work for some others. I am just lucky. Good luck to you!

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
Arlo never helped me fix it but some suggestions by other users worked for me. I deleted the app from my phone, logged in on my laptop, changed the password, logged in and clicked through the saved videos so there were no more notifications or unread videos. Then I reloaded the app on my phone, logged in and no trouble since.