Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

153 REPLIES 153
JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's been a while since we can't use the cameras. The Arlo app is still crashing at startup on iphone X no matter how much we tried. Please fix!

Atlas1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

The app 2.20 is still crashing on my iPhone X with IOS 14. I am almost at the point of factory resetting my phone. I have deleted the app, completed a soft reset of the iPhone, re-installed the app 2.20. Upon opening it immediately crashes and asks “would you like Arlo to allow send notifications”. I have no other way of operating my cameras.

The issue is not fixed as of 22 Sept
OkanC
Guide
Guide
@Atlas1: Exactly the same with me! It‘s terrible! I suppose - not sure, of course - it is a hardware issues, because in the most cases it occurs with iPhone X...
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Atlas1 wrote:
 I have no other way of operating my cameras.

Have you tried the web page my.arlo.com in Safari browser on your phone or a PC browser?

The problem seems to be just the app. 

JosephT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried on the web my.arlo.com. Worked on PC but NOT on iphone X

MartyMe
Initiate
Initiate

good idea. yes it does work on my Mac browser.

Ldngrl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello

I am having a lot of issues with the Arlo app. It crashes within seconds of launching. I have reinstalled, restarted iPhone (x) and iPad (pro). Nothing helps.
Mward0925
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its happening to my android s20 phone... when I go to open the app the arlo logo shows up then the app crashes. I tried rebooting my phone, force stopping the app, reinstalling the app, closing other apps... nothing really works.... This issue defeats the purpose of having an arlo camera for surveillance as I can't see any footage that my camera is recording...
LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s the Arlo App. Not the phone and iOS. I’ve been on the phone twice with Arlo and still have an open ticket with them. The cameras are useless to my family and home security now. I’m very upset. If a fix is not in the works ASAP, then word will get out real quick about this product.

I have a iPhone 11 on iOS 14 with the current Arlo App 2.20.
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Although rather inconvenient, one should use Arlo's Web Login thru an internet browser to monitor their cameras until the Arlo app issues are resolved. That way you still have some capability.
Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
It doesn’t allow you to monitor the cameras on safari directs you to the app. So you need a compute to monitor on the web from an iPhone at least. And I don’t carry a laptop with me. Getting very frustrated!!
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Ah, didn't know that, sorry. I have no idea why my iPhone XR doesn't have the problem. I also have an android without issues currently, so I'm lucky. I've definitely had my share of other problems though.
OkanC
Guide
Guide

@LR1755: Of course, you are right. My statement was misleading, so sorry for that. The hardware is ok, it is the app which may have a problem with certain devices. So the app has to be configured in order to run on iPhone X.... and 11. But obviously now there are also problems with iPads and even an Android phone. What's going on? It becomes even worse... I hope Arlo app becomes repaired soon, because it is unacceptable in the long run. I'm already looking for alternative products, too.

By the way: Opening the Arlo webpage in Safari on my iPhone doesn't work as it doesn't even open the camera settings (error message).

Have an iPhone XS, iOS 14.

Lawprof53
Guide
Guide

It would be nice if Arlo would do something about this. Their product is not worth the $$$ if it doesn't work on my iPhone.  

Mjohnson2020
Guide
Guide
Agree it’s been over
Month now !! Either fix or return system for a full refund !
spayne77
Aspirant
Aspirant
After updating iPhone 11 to new iOS 14, Arlo app flashes but will not stay open. Arlo app required two step verification then crashed. Can’t access the app at all. Uninstalled and reinstalled app, still won’t open.
OkanC
Guide
Guide
Problem is still existent. Does anything happen? I have another idea for the app developers: The first time the app crashed on my iPhone was when a camera alert came in. At the same moment my wife opened the app on her phone. This usually leads to a log out of me. But that time the app crashed. After that no restart possible. I even updated iOS twice (to 13.7 and then to 14). Is it possible that some settings are kept in the depth of the iPhone, even after the app has been completely deleted?
rganguli
Aspirant
Aspirant
App crashing on iOS 14 using iphone XR. Uninstalled app, cleared cache, nothing works
Lawprof53
Guide
Guide

Still no response from Arlo. We've spent many $$$ on the Arlo system, surely Arlo is aware of the problem, but . . . crickets. It would be nice if Arlo acknowledged the issue and said "we're working on it."

Without the app, I have no way of knowing if bad guys are trying to break into my home. At least the police can view the videos the next day when I'm in the hospital or the morgue. 

Right now, I cannot recommend this product to anyone. 

LR1755
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same situation for me. I’ve even posted this on their Facebook Ad. The App and cameras are useless!
Tlucy713
Initiate
Initiate
I click on my app then it immediately shuts the app down. I tried restarting it on the base station and nothing. I restarted my phone still nothing. I deleted the app and reinstalled it also nothing. I don’t know what else to do I need help?
Hocyeh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem.

Our business security is counting on this working.
Nickk216
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same problem. I also restarted phone/deleted app and re-installed. Upsetting also knowing that I’m paying monthly for this and I’ve been having problem for over a week now
Ken777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

The arlo app keeps crashing on my wife’s and I phone. Now we are unable to keep an eye on our kids rendering your system useless!!! We both have IOS version 14.0.1. Please provide assistance,

Ken
selami_y
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same problem with my iphone x and I solved it just by luck.

First login through your web browser on PC and try starting app from your mobile .

You will get a notification from the web browser, "you will be logged off because you log in through your mobile app". 

And that's it, hope it helps,