Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide

The app is crashing on my iOS device. Anyone else

153 REPLIES 153
Dm_Vm
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve got the same issue. Crashes before I can even get into the settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled and the same issue.
Tamkin
Guide
Guide
Thanks for letting me know. That’s what my app is doing. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled and that doesn’t help.
Tamkin
Guide
Guide
I’m having the same problem. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app numerous times as well as powered my phone off/on. Nothing helps. I’m using the latest IOS with an IPhone 6splus.
Tbk3ball
Initiate
Initiate
App crashes over and over. On iPhone X and brand new IPad.

I have reinstalled app over and over nothing seems to fix the issue. I need to have access to my cameras!!
Tbk3ball
Initiate
Initiate
I’m about to get rid of these cameras. Why can’t I use the app? Everyone is having the same problem! It looks like it’s been over two weeks now. Nooners getting any answers. If I don’t soon I’m gettin rid of ARLO and I suggest everyone else does to. What happens if our stores get robbed or something bad happens and we can’t even access the cameras! That’s completely unsafe! Very unprofessional of this company to only help a certain few.... why is it only two people have got answers back?? And people are waiting for the support team with ticket numbers and still nothing! Ridiculous
Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having them same issues. I have called both Apple and Arlo Arlo said it’s Apple and Apple says it Arlo since it works on my iPad and and another xr but just won’t work on mine. This is so frustrating and they can’t fix it.
Tamkin
Guide
Guide
Me too. My IPhone Arlo App worked fine until the latest IOS update was automatically installed on my phone. My IPad App has the older IOS and it is working fine.
HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
I invited a friend to see my cameras. He and I both have the iPhone XR with iOS 13.6.1, running the Aug 24th version of the Arlo iOS app, but he cannot run Arlo, it crashes 2 seconds after startup each time. We've tried uninstalling Arlo and reloading but it continues to crash on his phone, but mine works fine. Suggestions? Thank you!
dcfox1
Master
Master

@HazzMatt 

They released 2 releases days apart. Does he have 2.19.2 released a day or two after 2.19.1

Some don't have the problems and others do. It is weird you both have the same model. 

HazzMatt
Apprentice
Apprentice
Both of us have the version release date of Aug 24. I'd have to look at his device again to verify the actual version suffix after 2.19 - mine is 2.19.2 though, and my XR has no crash problems. If they were two days apart, would the other version have been released on the 22nd?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue where some users are experiencing their Arlo iOS app crashing at startup. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you have any idea how long this is going to take? This is starting to get rather frustrating with out being able to look at my cameras! 

Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
It keeps happening still and have called so many times for them to tell me you are working on it and it is high priority and nothing and then I got hung up on! This is getting really upsetting. Feeling like I am getting the run around! Don’t understand why it will work on some devices and not my phone!!!
Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just did a factory reset to my phone and still won’t work!
Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all-

I am at my wits end here. My arlo app will no open on my iPhone xr! It crashes as soon as i open it! I have tried everything and I mean everything. I have deleted and re added the app, offloaded the app and even did a factory reset to my iPhone. I have called apple and they say it is arlo and arlo says it is apple. Is anyone else having these issues! I can open it on my iPad and another iPhone xr  and from the computer! It just wont work on my phone!

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
You’re not alone. It won’t work on my phone either. It’s been about a month now.
dcfox1
Master
Master

It is weird that it works on one Iphone XR and not the other XR so probably something with that phone. 

There is another update in the works to address those still having problems but not sure when. Everything you tried is what I would have done. 

Styles2366
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know it is very weird! It is not the phone I brought it to apple and talked to apple. It is the app! I have contact Arlo and they said other people are having the same issue as I am. They said they are working on a fix so not sure!
Hypr2003svt
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo App on my IPhone XS opens and immediately crashes without letting me access it, even after 10+ open attempts. I have deleted and reinstalled the Arlo App, shut down and restarted my phone 2x.

My IPhone is running IOS 13.7, with Arlo app 2.19.2.

We compared my app settings to my wife’s phone and there are some differences in the available options. IE her phone has a Bluetooth selection within the App.
mschroeder
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine was crashing 100% of the time on IOS too, but through persistence trying every icon during the 2-3 seconds before it crashed I managed to get it working. The first screen I found that did not crash was a display of recordings from one specific camera. In checking things I also noticed this.

When it was crashing, the IOS settings screen did not show the Arlo app at all — it was missing and that seemed wrong. Once I got that screen of camera recordings to stay up and not crash (somewhat by random icon clicks), the Arlo app was back in the IOS settings again. I suspect some path may not be initializing he Arlo app in the Apple settings correctly or completely. This is with the 2.19.2 version of the app, iPhone 11. IOS 13.2.2
mschroeder
Aspirant
Aspirant
I forgot one other thing which might be relevant. I’ve always had facial recognition on. I probably had updated (but not deleted/reinstalled) and the app was not trying to facial recognize. Maybe it was trying to and that is what caused the crash, I cannot be sure. After delete/reinstall facial recognition was not enabled, and the app was still crashing until I found one screen (recordings) where it did not. This leads me to believe that it is probably the missing entry in Apple settings, but maybe the facial recognition was a factor in the crash as well
Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
Thank you for the suggestion but I can’t seem to replicate this fix on my iPhone XR running 13.6.1.
NDR123
Aspirant
Aspirant
App suddenly stopped working three days ago.
I followed suggestions to delete and reinstall and/or delete restart and re-install. Nothing works and I need a fix thanks.

iOS
iPhone 11
Latest version from AppStore
randomtim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had an old Samsung Galaxy tab which was running the Arlo legacy app and despite some minor connectivity issues it worked perfectly fine for what I needed. (I was using it as a Baby monitor for my Arlo Baby camera). 

One day, I was told the legacy app was no longer supported and that I would have to turn on two-step verification which was not possible on the old device. Fine, i figured it was time to upgrade the old tablet anyway (despite all the other apps were still usable on it - Youtube etc.) so I went and got myself a brand new iPad mini (5th Generation) running iOS 13.4.1.

I downloaded the Arlo app (which works fine on my android phone) onto the iPad and set it up. It is fine, I get through the set up smoothly. Then I open up the app and lo and behold it crashes.

I uninstall and reinstall (several times) but to no avail.

My question is: what do I do now? Is my baby's (and mine) well-being at the mercy of people who can't roll out a fully functioning app before unsupporting the old one? Was it a mistake to spend so much money on a new device for an app to crash on it?

Sympathy is most welcome. It seems that I would be too optimistic to expect any sort of solution if any of the other forum threads are anything to go by,

Jeremyjt
Guide
Guide
I have been experiencing this issue for weeks now with no resolution. Anyone with an iPhone XR running the latest iOS able to use the Arlo app?