Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo and Arlo Pro. FREE SUBSCRIPTION REMOVED. I NOW HAVE TO PAY???

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

So now all users who purchased the original Arlo HD cameras and the Arlo Pro cameras have to PAY to have their recording u0ploaded and stored on what used to be the FREE 7 day 5 camera account subscription????

Have Arlo actually have the sneaky disgraceful cheek to remove the FREE subscription for recording.

I have had Arlo original cameras and Arlo Pro cameras, they are all set to record and upload the videos on what was the FREE profile/subscription. This was given to ALL users for 7 days recording for upto 5 cameras. This was the whole reason millions of users bought the product.

Now Arlo have REMOVED the free subscription. My cameras are not recording and uploading videos, and when I log in online I am being told I don't have a subscription and none of my cameras are recording. I am being told I NOW HAVE TO PAY to have my videos stored.

MESSAGE STATING

"Without Arlo Smart, your cameras will remain inactive. Are you sure you wish not to subscribe Arlo Smart for your new cameras?"

It is absolutely disgraceful that Arlo sell a product then remove its one useful feature. Not a way to do business at all and I will NEVER recommend or buy another Arlo product. Disgraceful company.

@JamesC 

Why am I being told I dont have recording on my account? (When I am an original user and have original cameras AND Arlo Pro?

Why are my videos not being recorded?

Have Arlo actually now removed the Free subscription, even though we all got emails saying the Free subscription users will ALWAYS have the 7 days free for 5 cameras!!!!

What on earth are Arlo doing? Its fraud!!!

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station, VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

According to your email to all users and also according to your website it states:

"No subscription

If you have an Arlo Pro 2, Pro, Go, Wire-Free, Q, Q Plus, or Baby camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras."

Why are my videos no longer being recorded?

Why when I log in to my Arlo account online and I being told I dont have a subscription and I HAVE TO PAY for a subscription otherwise my cameras will NOT record to the cloud?

What is Arlo doing? Why do they try to force users to Pay? Is it legally possibly for you to remove the service you PROMISED all purchasers originally?

See:

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still have my free 7 days subscription. Use Arlo Pro set with 4 camera's.

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

TMK, there has been NO changes re the free 7 days rolling storage for the HD, Pro, and Pro2 cameras on the BASIC level of service

Only the newer Pro3 and Ultra require a paid service after the trial period.

This of course does not apply to extra services which have always been an add on .

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Highlighted
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your reply TomMac

That is what I believed to be the case however it seems I am unable to log into my arlo account without either agreeing to go onto a paid subscription service Or deactivating my cameras recording to cloud feature. I explain below.......

I own (and have owned for many years) both Arlo Original AKA "wire-free" and Arlo Pro cameras.

I go to "my-arlo" online as normal to log in.

I am immediately greeted with a pop up covering the whole page, offering me a Free trail to the Arlo pay plan which states (I have cut it short as below........)
--------------------------------------------------
The best view around with the best plan around.
Free Trail Upto 30 days recording, upto 2K Video Recording etc etc...

Try Free for 1 month (clickable link)
Maybe later (clickable link)

So I click "maybe later"

I am then greeted with another full page pop up stating.......

Expand your view with Arlo Smart

Arlo Smart includes... blah, blah, blah.....

With two option here:

View Plans (clickable link)
Maybe later (clickable link)

So again I click "maybe later"

I am then greeted with ANOTHER full page pop up stating:
Without Arlo Smart, your cameras will remain inactive. Are you sure you wish not to subscribe Arlo Smart for your new cameras?

Yes (clickable link)
Cancel (clickable link)

I DO NOT WANT MY CAMERAS TO BE INACTIVE I want them to work (as before & further more I dont have ANY new cameras added) so I DONT CLICK YES.

If I click Cancel it just goes back to the previous popup trying to get me to a subscription.

So how do I log in without these popups?

and more importantly why are my cameras not recording to the cloud as before?

I want to have what I paid for when I purchased my cameras and what was promised by Arlo, WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION FEE.

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know, I believe you shouldn't have this issue...

Try and send a PM to JamesC  or Arlo support.

Morse is faster than texting!
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you have 5 or less original Arlo/Arlo Pro cameras, you won't need a subscription and nothing has changed for you. Click "Yes" on the "Are you sure you wish not to subscribe Arlo Smart for your new cameras?" prompt if you do not want a subscription.

It sounds like your system is simply "Disarmed" if it's not detecting and recording motion. After you're through the pop-ups about the new service plans, check your modes and make sure your system is "Armed".

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am now seeing this - all my cameras ( 5 originals ) are 'offline' - the base station is online. ( i can see this as I use the app on mobile network and see the base station but not the cameras )

I bought this set up on the basis that it was free and recordings kept up to 7 days.

My cameras are now useless - I can't see through them - i can't get push motion alerts from them.

All the money I have spent on these is wasted ? unless I pay the ( surely illegal ) subscription I am now forced to ?

Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wumpus101 wrote:

I too am now seeing this - all my cameras ( 5 originals ) are 'offline' - the base station is online. ( i can see this as I use the app on mobile network and see the base station but not the cameras )

Your problem has nothing to do with the subscription changes last December.  

Try removing one camera from the account, and then re-add it.  If that works, then repeat with the other four.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just jumping on this...

I purchased and installed the front door camera - my trial ended this past weekend.

However -- ALL of my other cameras (all pro, all 7 day rolling free cloud) have all stopped recording...

My understanding as per the dude at BestBuy whom I bought the Arlo FRC from stated that IF I wanted the front door to record, be set to a focused selection of the view (ie. it points to the street, and I only want it to activate from the walkway of my house and not every single car that drives by) that I did need a subscription but all along, the standard 7 day was active.

Can I have somebody explain to me the cancellation of services when I have spent  more money ??

How can I re-engage my original pro cameras on the 7 day, without the full service.

Thanks

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station