Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
eshutter
Guide
Guide
One of my new Ultra cams doesn't have the All Other Motion option when managing smart alert motion alerts on my Android mobile.
The camera also records "all other motion" events twice to my library every time. The option is available on the web and is disabled there.
I continue to get 2 identical recordings for every "all other motion event" in my library. I have disabled activity zones.
The People and Vehicle alerts are enabled. Animal alerts are disabled.
Anybody know how to fix this?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, remove the camera from Smart - deactivate it in the Smart settings. Did that fix it?

You may want to remove and resync the camera to see if that helps.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Removing it from smart didn't stop it recording most motion events twice.
I noticed my other Ultra is doing the same thing, it records the same event twice. If it's a person it will label the first event "motion" and the second "person" with two identical recordings.
I disabled smart for both cameras and it continues recording two identical clips to my library with both labelled "motion". Refer to image.
I will try to resync one cam next.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
Removing then resyncing one of the camera's didn't help, still recorded 2 identical clips to the library. Person event added identical "motion" and "person" recordings to the library. The "person" recording took a few minutes to appear in my library.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
This issue is no longer happening. Now the issue is Arlo is notifying me twice for every event for the past week. I get 2 notifications for every motion event on my Android phone.
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

@eshutter wrote:
This issue is no longer happening. Now the issue is Arlo is notifying me twice for every event for the past week. I get 2 notifications for every motion event on my Android phone.

I don't think this is limited to Arlo Ultra.  My Pro 2 and original cameras have also been notifying me twice ever since I did the latest app update (2.7.2_25575) on Android.  I'm guessing they just introduced another bug.

- Mark

eshutter
Guide
Guide

Thanks for confirming that I'm not the only one experiencing this, hopefully they iron out these bugs soon, getting close now to being a stable system for me.