Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart renewal removes single camera plans

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi -

I've been using one of the legacy Arlo Smart plans for a few years but last month transitioned over to the Smart Premier Multi plan for the first 5 of my cameras + discounted $1.50/mo Smart Premier Single plans for the rest of my cameras.

This worked fine for the first month but then after I got the auto-renewal notification e-mail and subsequent authorization on my CC, the single plans were dropped and those cameras became inactive.  I realized this when I noticed I wasn't getting footage, which led me to check the "devices" tab in the app and I saw that some of my cameras were inactive.

I had to go back into the subscription and re-select the plan + additional cameras that I selected last month.  There was no additional charge for this, thankfully.

Has anyone else had any problems with the monthly renewal dropping part of their subscription, specifically the single camera discounted plans?

- Mark

17 REPLIES 17
rbrierley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro 3 two camera system,   my free subscription is almost up.  Its less expensive for me to pay for 2 cameras rather than multi-camera price,  but there is NO option for the single use plan.  I see it in the menu,  but there is no 'selection button' for it?

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the reply, but my intent here was to purely find out if I'm the only one who's seeing this issue.  As it does seem like it's affecting just me, I will wait to see if it happens next month.  If so, I will contact support.  I'm not going to contact them over one occurrence of the issue, especially since it was easily fixable and also given the poor experiences I've heard from others regarding the official Arlo support (e.g. I am worried they will break my account vs. help me).

- Mark

ERoi50
Guide
Guide

My trial is coming to an end and I want to choose the single camera plan because we only have 2 cameras, but the Arlo site provides NO LINK to the Single Camera plan even though it references it!!!  The site only allows you to choose the Multi-Cam option Screen shot included here. ArloSubscriptionScreen.png

Pro3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rbrierley

Do you happen to have a screenshot of the screen you are looking at?

rbrierley
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo1.jpgarlo2.jpg

CarmelINuser
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem. Is the single camera option no longer offered?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the pictures. There should be an option under the Arlo logo. Which browser are you using? Have you tried any other browsers as well & clear the cache?

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 1.23.32 PM.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@rbrierley 

When your trial has expired, you should have the option to upgrade to the single camera subscription.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports on the single camera option missing. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No your not alone, the same thing happened to me on the day the next month came due.  It came out of my bank account and 5 of 7 were working.  After 30 mins waiting for the payment people to take my call and hearing we will be with you shortly I gave up, waited 30 mins for live support to free up and then another 30 for them to get it working.  Had to remove one active camera because it wouldn't allow a inactive camera to be moved to active and then add them back one at a time.  Did it work, yes but it's BS and if I have to do it every time a payment is due I will cancel and wait.

EnduroDriver
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, having the same problem. The only solution I was given was to cancel my subscription and buy a new one. All the costs would work out but what I found unacceptable was I would lose all my cloud stored videos. I choose not to resubscribe for that very reason. 

I'm told it was a back-end upgrade that caused this failure. Very disappointed. 

CarmelINuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. My  3 months are ending tomorrow, but it will not let me purchase a plan. no option for single camera, and premium keep giving a processing error. 

CarmelINuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still not available. have tried three different browsers. Free trial ending tomorrow. I guess I wont have a subscription.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CarmelINuser wrote:

Still not available. have tried three different browsers. Free trial ending tomorrow. I guess I wont have a subscription.

If the free trial is still in force, you might try canceling it, and then try to subscribe.

You could also contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

ERoi50
Guide
Guide

I sent this question to Customer Service. They said I had to cancel the trial BEFORE the single camera option would appear.  This is exactly the deal. As soon as I cancelled, the option did appear. 

Here's the problem Arlo: 

1. This is counter intuitive. 
  2. There's no info/explanation that you have to cancel your trial first. How hard is it to put 1 line on the screen explaining?
  3. On the day of my trial expiration, I STILL had to cancel the trial. It didn't clear out automatically
Pro3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing an issue with accessing the Single cam subscription options?

Pattilr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had the same problem every month since I went from 5 cameras to 8, multiple plans 5 pro and 3 on single for $1.50 each, which go inactive or disappear every single month since I starting getting billed. Arlo does seem to know what’s going on. I can’t seem to get them back I. My husbands phone. I continue to see all of them on my phone, but the 3 always disappears off my husband monthly. Drive me crazy. How do I fix or can I?