Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

This morning, I got an Arlo Smart notification on my phone that said, "Person detected on Driveway at 10:30 AM." I quickly opened up Arlo on my computer so I could view the video on a larger screen, and my Arlo page shows the video with a tag of "Animal" on that particular video. wth?? Why is my phone saying person and my computer saying animal? (It was a cat, so the computer was right.) 

I get that the camera can sometimes mistake what it's seeing, but this is the first time where I got conflicting smart tags for the same video.

9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Kammfam,

Make sure that you don't have any filters on to make sure that you have the correct video that your phone detected. Otherwise, try to turn off the people and animal motion alerts through Settings > Smart Notifications (under Arlo Smart) on your Arlo app and turn it back on to make sure it works properly.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

I have no idea what you mean by filters. This is actually the first time I've seen it do this. Normally, the tags match on my phone and computer. I just thought this was really strange that my phone said one thing, but the Arlo website said another.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Can you show a screenshot that shows where the tags are showing differently on your phone and your computer?

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

Sure. Here is the screenshot from my phone. April 28th, 10:30am.

Kammfam
Luminary
Luminary

And here is the video on my computers, same date and time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the showing the screenshots.

If you can, could you donate the video that shows as "animal" when your phone alerted "person detected"? You can donate your video by hitting the "..." icon next to your video and hit "Donate". When you donate a video, it is sent to the Arlo development team for research/analytics purposes. The video isn't shared with anyone outside the development team or on the Arlo website.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while but my wife used to be identified as an animal...  🙂

GlenMcD
Aspirant
Aspirant
HW VersionVMC3040r6
Serial Number4SS17ASL50D8A
Firmware1.9.0.0_269

I have the setting for animal to not send notifications.  I am sometimes getting a push notification stating person detected on this camera but when I go to the library, it is my dog and even in the library the tag states animal detected.  Wondering why the push notification is different than the library.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

because the computer deciding if animal or person just plain messed up when alert first sent , better if on the safe side than not.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------