Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ge33ek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Team,

One of my cameras frequently identifies a pole on my rear porch as a person. Unlike package identification where it asks me to validate, there seems to be no way to flag with Arlo that it was wrong.

Why isn’t there a way to train and educate Arlo that the identification of person or animal is wrong.

I often get cats identified as a person or porch poles identified as person and there is no way to flag them as wrong.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ge33ek wrote:

Why isn’t there a way to train and educate Arlo that the identification of person or animal is wrong.

I often get cats identified as a person or porch poles identified as person and there is no way to flag them as wrong.

You can choose to donate some of those videos.

I agree it would be good if you could flag them as wrong (and donate).

ge33ek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, I’ve tried donating the incorrect videos but it doesn’t seem to change the outcome. I keep getting false notifications. It defeats the whole purpose of paying for Arlo Smart if you can’t train it to improve.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Donating vids is not an instant fix... the vids help train the AI that they use to determine what is what.

But, it does help in the long run.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ge33ek
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes.

That doesn’t help me though, when I’m getting 50+ notices a day for a ‘Person’ when actually it’s a wooden post.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@ge33ek

Have you tried to slightly adjust the angle or turn the sensitivity down one by one to see if the recordings stop?