Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Anpraska
Follower
Follower

When is Arlo Smart coming to Canada??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is available in Canada. For more information on Arlo Smart plans, take a look here: Introducing Arlo Smart

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anpraska,

I don't have any information on this currently. Keep an eye on the Arlo website, an announcement will be made there when Arlo Smart becomes available: Arlo Subscription Plans

JamesC

halfempty
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm in Canada and looking at either an Arlo or Nest system, so comparing features and confirming some things before making a decision....

1. Is it correct that we are paying the same price in Canada and the US for the paid plans even though Arlo Smart is included there, but not available in Canada?

2. Rich notifications, Activity Zones, and Person Detection (for wireless Arlo 2's) are only available with the smart program? If that's the case, then not available in Canada?

If the above is true sounds like we will receive a LOT of notifications in Canada compared to Nest?

Without an ETA on when smart will be availabe here, it will make it difficult to go with Arlo.

Thanks in advance!!

David

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

halfempty,

Currently, Arlo Smart is only available in the US. I don't have an ETA for when it will be released outside the US. For more information on subscription plans and what is available in Canada, take a look here: Arlo Products and Subscriptions CA

JamesC

hotcakesottawa
Initiate
Initiate

This is unacceptable. It's been months, and Canada is still left with the same basic features. We pay the same as people in the U.S. I assure you our dogs and people look the same as in the U.S, so it's not like there's any extra developement. Why hasn't this been enabled? You have until Black Friday... if it's not available then, I'm switching to Google's Nest cams, which actually work as advertised here in Canada.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Smart is available in Canada. For more information on Arlo Smart plans, take a look here: Introducing Arlo Smart

JamesC