Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brbower
Tutor
Tutor

I woke up to a slew of unrecorded motion events. I am actively subscribed to Arlo Smart. Is there something wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello community,

The issue with accessing the Library from a friend/shared account has been resolved for all affected users. We thank you for your patience while we've worked on resolving the issue.

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
brbower
Tutor
Tutor
Nope, it stopped working for me overnight as well. I woke up to a sea of unrecorded notifications.
Terry-T
Guide
Guide

My Arlo Pro 2 is not giving me access to my video in the cloud as of today early this morning, a little after midnight.  It displayed them for a second then it went away.  I am getting video on another system, but not one my first one.  This is the second time in two months.

erik72
Initiate
Initiate

I purchased this system in July 2018.  Up until about a day ago I enjoyed free library of up to 7 days of recording.  Today I noticed my library is empty and nothing is recording.

I received no notifications that the free cloud library was going away.  I'm marginally impressed with this system as it is.  Am I to anticipate paying for a service now to record?

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

Jase_Ong
Initiate
Initiate
Couldn’t access into library. Tried uninstall and reinstall the app. But still doesn’t works.
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

We are having the same issue this morning. We can access the library on the main account holder but not the user account that is granted access. Tried logging out/in, reinstalling app, switching WiFi/cellular. 

Jan-Lim
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have updated the 2 step verification but there is still error in accessing my library. Appreciate any advice to rectify the access? Thanks.
MattRash
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is not working as well, I believe I had access to the cloud storage yesterday but not this morning. I hope they do not force us to purchase cloud storage.... 

Coopervbm
Initiate
Initiate
We are having the same concern. We purchased this product with 6 cameras knowing we only kept the recordings for 7 days which is fine but now to expect us to pay $9.99 per camera each month to cloud the recordings for 14 days just seems outrageous to me. But it appears we cannot even view the most recent/latest recording. So basically not even useable at this point. Arlo should have notifies users like they did the 3 step verification for the last month prior to implementing their mandatory fee plan. $60 per month at minimum. Hopefully it is a software problem and someone from Arlo will reply to this thread!
AntB
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m subscribed already to Arlo smart, so the “free” storage is not the problem. I’m thinking something got messed up on their end last night. The 2 factor authentication deadline was last night. We have all devices set up with 2fa already, but wonder if whatever software changes they made on their end last night ended up jacking this up. 

ChristopherL
Aspirant
Aspirant

So are you saying there is no longer the free 7 day recording option? Now users MUST pay in order to have any recording options?

dodgie13
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same issue.  I've closed out the app numerous times and I also have the two-step verification setup, so not sure what the problem is.  It appears to still be recording, but anytime I try to view the recording, there's nothing in my library.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. The Pro 2 and older cameras still have the same 7 day, 5 camera free plan as always. The newer cameras require a subscription.

ChristopherL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gotcha. I have the older camera and  just enabled the two-step verification. I am getting notifications of motion, but they are no longer being saved.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Coopervbm
Initiate
Initiate
We also have an older model. And have had for 2 years. It came with six cameras. It is not allowing us to use the recordings any longer. As of today.
ArloUserAA
Initiate
Initiate
We’re having the same problem. We are up-to-date with the 2 factor authentication that was mandated to be completed by 11/30/20 as well. For some reason the recordings in the library are not even captured therefore can’t view. But the Arlo system does tell me that motion has been detected and I get a push notification.

Arlo, please resolve ASAP
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Rebooting the base may also be useful.

jburns253
Tutor
Tutor

I'm also having this same issue as of 12/1/2020. I get notifications detecting motion, but nothing saves or is viewable to the recordings. I've restarted my network, base station, and reinstalled the app with zero luck. 

eldoradoretired
Aspirant
Aspirant

I  have the same problem.  I'd been getting warnings the past few months that I needed to add 2nd factor verification before the end of November.  I have only 1 mobile phone so had no idea how to get a 2nd verification.  As the warnings continued, I added my husbands mobile number.  Even though app shows I have 2 mobile phones as verification, I still kept getting the warning.  This is why I think my library error is happening today, December 1.  I have no clue what to add as a third (?) verification.  Any suggestions?  Email would be a nice option, but that isn't SMS, right?

ChristopherL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried calling customer service and they wanted to try a troubleshooting option, but I had to be home. I am not home at the moment to do it so I'm going to try it later. You may try calling customer service and see if they can walk you through the process to see if it works. 

Have you enabled the two-step authentication that is required as of Dec 1?  I did that but still no success. 

jburns253
Tutor
Tutor

I do have authentication setup for my account, yes. I'm waiting for a callback from them right now. I'll keep in touch. 

dodgie13
Initiate
Initiate

You could have the correct hunch, but I've had my two-step setup for a while now, with my iphone and ipad.  You are correct SMS is not email.  That is text message.  You could try to set that up and see if it will help.  I just set it up in addition and got a text to my phone immediately with a code that I plugged in on the app.  However, my library feed is still showing nothing.  I did also see that my app updated today, so not sure if that has something to do with it too.  

etc6849
Aspirant
Aspirant
My thoughts exactly. Has anyone called arlo support to alert them? I tried and gave the automated support a call back number, but no one has called me.
Terry-T
Guide
Guide

I have Arlo on another base station and the recordings are saved there.  However, a relative doesn't have theirs and they received and error message.  I think it is an Arlo issue.

Terry-T
Guide
Guide

AntB, I agree with you.  I am still getting recodings forwarded to my email, but they aren't being stored in my library.