Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart Is Not Detecting Movement At All (pro 2 camera)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
bpaskin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, I have a 6 cameras, a mix between Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2.  I am only interested in using Arlo Smart with one camera, but I tried it with other cameras too.  When I try with trying it in test mode, it works fine, however, it does not detect any movement at all outside of that mode.  I can stand in front of the camera and jump up and down and nothing.  When I setup armed mode then it detects all movement, not just people and does not respect the zone I setup.  

Does armed need to be selected for this to work?  And why are zones not working?

Regards,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Smart option is a sort of super set of Armed... The cameras must be armed and then when the vid is sent to the cloud it will ( by the computers ) recognize if it should send an alert or not based on your smart settings

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Smart option is a sort of super set of Armed... The cameras must be armed and then when the vid is sent to the cloud it will ( by the computers ) recognize if it should send an alert or not based on your smart settings

Morse is faster than texting!
Pat-chad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I need to have the VMS3330 camera limited to human and animal movement.
Kindly provide details on how this is possible.
Thanks in advance.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Pat-chad

With an Arlo Smart Subscription,  you may go to Settings > Manage Arlo Smart > Adjust Accordingly