Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Pamh
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone help with cameras recording in red. Have tried support a couple of times but no help.
Have tried re pairing devices etc.
Any ideas welcome
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When the Arlo cameras ( original model ) IR filter sticks, it records in red during day ( looks fine at night ).

Pull batteries then replace to reset camera, test

If NG, GENTLY tap the camera on table to maybe relaese the filter. ( some have stated they used a strong magnet on side of cam, unknown here )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Pamh
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Thank you, have tried both but problem still exists.
Appreciate reply 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Bobhoward
Initiate
Initiate
This solution to red tint was posted on another thread. it worked for me. Opened the battery lid and power down the camera. With the camera sitting on the face (lens) power up the camera and waited for the camera to activate - click live feed to get the night vision working. Slowly raise the camera off the bench until I heard the click, back to normal operation ( red tint fixed).
robwalte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this problem when I got my refurbished Arlo units a week ago, but it did go away. This morning after one of my cameras was offline, I reset it and it came back with the red/pink tint. I removed the device from the base station, removed the batteries, added it back, etc. Tint was still there. I did this three times, then finally called support directly. They were great - didn't wait that long at all, and they are shipping me a new camera, saying it is a known issue. 

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

the only thing that worked for me and believe me I tried absolutely everything....was permanently attaching a strong magnet under the camera below the lens...now when switching between infrared and normal you can hear the IR filter clicking on and off...

IMG_8179.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or, if under warranty, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jmcmcgill
Aspirant
Aspirant