Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
raudio
Guide
Guide

When my Arlo App initializes it refers to a $3.99 subscription offer but when I click on it I cannot find the offer.  I would sign up for this if I knew how.  I could not find it via the website either.  Thanks for any help you may offer!

14 REPLIES 14
Kay24obrien
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting the same thing but it is not discounted.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi raudio and Kay24obrien,

Do you have the screenshot of the Arlo Smart subscription that is offering for $3.99?

raudio
Guide
Guide

I don't but I will see if I can get it to come up again.  As I recall it came up after closing the App and reopening it so I'll try to recreate the condition and capture a screenshot.  Thanks for your reply!

raudio
Guide
Guide

Here is a screenshot - it’s not exactly the one I first saw but it’s similar.  There is probably a rotation to the advertising photos.  This one is for a similar offer but the same thing happens - Click on it and there is no opportunity to take advantage of the offer.  I’ll attach the screenshot.  Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team so they can help you with the subscription offer. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

raudio
Guide
Guide

Actually, that was my first stop - I waited on hold and in the Chat Queue.  I even got an email that said that a case had been opened based on the fact that I opened a Chat but - no joy yet.  That's why I came to the Community.  It's gotten to the point that it's not worth the investment in time to try and get the discount.  That's a shame...  But I do appreciate your engaging in the discussion with me!  Thanks for your responses!  

raudio
Guide
Guide

I finally got through on the phone to Arlo Support.  The rep said that when I got the special price offer pop-up again I should go ahead and click through and complete the purchase process and that even though the screen says $9.99, the special price ($3.99 per month) would be automatically applied since I clicked through the offer.  Unfortunately that did not work and I was charged the regular price.  So now I'm enrolled in Arlo Smart at the full price.  Then Arlo sent me an email asking me to sign in here and mark a reply as an "Accepted Solution".  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you

raudio
Guide
Guide

I finally gave up on contacting Customer Support thorough the "Case Number" system.  I found a phone number for them and called. The rep was nice but unable to help. I clicked through the Arlo App using their Arlo Smart discount offer and it was not honored.  I was charged full price.  Arlo Customer Support is the worst I've seen in a while.  I just cancelled the Arlo Smart plan and will look for a replacement camera system for my 4 camera system.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey raudio,

Let me reach out to you via private message about this.

Bjoniec15
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. I recieved the same offer though an email. When I use the email and go to the website it says my device is not recognized. I use my phone to accept the sign in and I just get a loading circle.
raudio
Guide
Guide

I'm sorry that this has happened to you too and it's disappointing to know that this is still happening.  They never honored this offer to me in spite of numerous contacts. I wonder if anyone actually got it?  Arlo Customer Support is not good.  Arlo should not offer deals that they will not or can not deliver.  I'm going to be moving to one of the many other security solutions available.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bjoniec15,

If you're having problems with a current offer you received, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Sendnickemail
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want this offer as well. Contact me. I offer should just be made easily available.