Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ad9i3f
Star
Star

setUp:

vmb4000r3, 5 original Arlo pro (came with base) + new doorbell (trial just expired) + 2 new essential spotLight cams (trial ends in Oct)

Forgive me if these answers are elsewhere - but im not combing thru thousands of posts if someone can answer these few questions about the new smart plans and the combo of my system. Im seeing people blast Arlo - and i get it - i have in the past - but before i make a purchase of ANY smart plan - and yes ive looked - but im asking anyone who can - please just answer these questions - i personally find it confusing to try and get info from this post or that post and then be sent to a kb article that sometimes is more confusing ... 

1) i have 8 total cams - 5 Arlo Pro (original with base @ purchase) + 3 new products - (2 essential spotlight cams + the doorbell) Can I purchase a SINGLE cam plan for the 3 new cams and have 30 day cloud storage and all the bells and whistles and keep the existing 5 on the 7 day original rolling cloud storage? Is that possible in ANY combination with my current products? 

2) on the OLDER Pro 720p cams - IF i get a Smart plan - will those older 720p Pro cams provide "rich notifications/smart detections/Advanced Object Detection" like the new cams do - for people, animals, packages and vehicles? Or are "rich notifications/smart detections" only for the 3 new products combined with a smart plan?

3) It looks like ALL cameras (old and new) can have activity zones with and without a smart plan - is this correct? 

4) will i ALWAYS be able to go back to the 7 day rolling cloud storage with the Arlo Pros if i subscribe to a smart plan and then cancel that smart plan? (I realize the newer devices will not keep video this way unless i have attached USB storage)

5) i only notice e911 and 'call a friend' on the plans for MULTI - they are not listed on the SINGLE cam plans - why is this? or is that a misunderstanding on my part? and e911 IS included on a SINLGE cam smart plan?

Premier Plan:

Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection
Package Detection
e911 Emergency Call Service (US Only)

Single:
Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection
Package Detection

I think thats it - these questions may seem basic and answers may be found here and there - but all apologies and forgive me - i just want some clarity to things that I seem to find unclear. 

Please do not post links to answers or other posts - please answer these questions here - it will be appreciated.

NOTE: I do NOT need rich notifications/smart detections/Advanced Object Detection for multiple cams inside my home - but if I were to purchase a SINGLE or MULTI smart plan - i would like to know for sure if i choose ANY of my 5 Arlo Pro cams (the older 720p ones) as part of the package - they will provide "rich notifications/smart detections/Advanced Object Detection" like the new products do.

Anything else you could share about these questions and other good info would be much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ad9i3f,

1) i have 8 total cams - 5 Arlo Pro (original with base @ purchase) + 3 new products - (2 essential spotlight cams + the doorbell) Can I purchase a SINGLE cam plan for the 3 new cams and have 30 day cloud storage and all the bells and whistles and keep the existing 5 on the 7 day original rolling cloud storage? Is that possible in ANY combination with my current products? 

Yes, you can purchase three single Arlo Premier or Elite Plan for your Essential Spotlight Camera and Doorbell and still have your five Arlo Pro cameras with the 7-day original cloud storage.

2) on the OLDER Pro 720p cams - IF i get a Smart plan - will those older 720p Pro cams provide "rich notifications/smart detections/Advanced Object Detection" like the new cams do - for people, animals, packages and vehicles? Or are "rich notifications/smart detections" only for the 3 new products combined with a smart plan?

Yes, you will have the "rich notifications/smart detections/advance object detection" if you get an Arlo Smart Plan for the Arlo Pro cameras.

3) It looks like ALL cameras (old and new) can have activity zones with and without a smart plan - is this correct? 

Yes, all Arlo cameras do have activity zones. However, do know that if you don't have a Smart Plan, you will need to have your camera plugged in to a power source to use activity zone while having a Smart Plan does not require a power source.

4) will i ALWAYS be able to go back to the 7 day rolling cloud storage with the Arlo Pros if i subscribe to a smart plan and then cancel that smart plan? (I realize the newer devices will not keep video this way unless i have attached USB storage)

Yes, if your subscription expires or cancels, you will automatically revert back to the 7-day rolling cloud storage for the Arlo Pro cameras.

5) i only notice e911 and 'call a friend' on the plans for MULTI - they are not listed on the SINGLE cam plans - why is this? or is that a misunderstanding on my part? and e911 IS included on a SINLGE cam smart plan?

Premier Plan:

Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection Package Detection e911 Emergency Call Service (US Only)   Single: Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection Package Detection

The e911 feature is only available for the Multi Camera plan and not for the Single Camera plan for both Premier and Elite plans.

For more information about Arlo Smart Subscription and Activity Zones, refer to these links below:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ad9i3f,

Yes, you can purchase three single Arlo Premier or Elite Plan for your Essential Spotlight Camera and Doorbell and still have your five Arlo Pro cameras with the 7-day original cloud storage.

Yes, you will have the "rich notifications/smart detections/advance object detection" if you get an Arlo Smart Plan for the Arlo Pro cameras.

Yes, all Arlo cameras do have activity zones. However, do know that if you don't have a Smart Plan, you will need to have your camera plugged in to a power source to use activity zone while having a Smart Plan does not require a power source.

Yes, if your subscription expires or cancels, you will automatically revert back to the 7-day rolling cloud storage for the Arlo Pro cameras.

Premier Plan:

Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection Package Detection e911 Emergency Call Service (US Only)   Single: Person, Vehicle, and Animal Detection Package Detection

The e911 feature is only available for the Multi Camera plan and not for the Single Camera plan for both Premier and Elite plans.

For more information about Arlo Smart Subscription and Activity Zones, refer to these links below: