Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Camera not showing under Smart Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
TheLoneRanger
Follower
Follower
Hello

All my cameras are under Smart Notifications except for two of them. I have tried restarting base station and application. I did hit edit to see if they were under in active but they are not. It just shows 5 of my 7 cameras. One is a brand new pro 2 and the other is a regular arlo. I added three cameras today so it added a different regular arlo camera fine. I also just got the subscription today for the service. Any help is greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
brh
Master
Master

@TheLoneRanger,

I don't know how quickly it takes for the new subscription to take effect, but in the meantime, if you log into your account in your favorite browser and go to manage Arlo Smart, at the top right of the page it will say Edit. Click on that and see if the cameras show up there. If so, move them from Inactive to Active. 

Brian

LCB
Tutor
Tutor

Similar problem as another member, but when I go into Edit the newest (H14) camera does not show on list of available for Arlo Smart. I have had everything hooked up and running for over a month, still camera not displaying for selectability. Ideas? 
(Already did resets and reboots, etc. etc.)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @LCB,

As brh mentioned, try to log in to your Arlo account using the web client on your computer to see if that works.

LCB
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP wrote:

Hey @LCB,

As brh mentioned, try to log in to your Arlo account using the web client on your computer to see if that works.

No that isn't working either.  I even moved the two cameras off of active to see if the website will repopulate for all three cameras as possible selections but no change since yesterday without log out and log in

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If your subscription is an Arlo Smart add-on subscription, the subscription is tied in with the camera you chose before you subscribed. If you need to edit or change, you will need to cancel the subscription from the camera it is currently on and reapply it to the new one.

Or you can purchase an additional Arlo Smart add-on subscription plan for the new camera. 

Another option is to cancel the individual Arlo Smart add-ons and subscribe to the Arlo Smart Premier plan. You can read more about it here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

LCB
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

This is still not working. The ability to select the third and newer camera continues to not show on the available list in Manage Arlo Smart. Under my subcription, I have three cameras showing and I have moved all three cameras to inactive, but still, but when I go to change plan, the purchasing window is still bringing up old camera and wanting to now have 3 vs just 2. (THIS IS AN EXTREMELY POOR METHOD TO CHANGE A CAMERA!)
The third camera continues to not show up to select under Manage Arlo Smart.

What is mentioned as a fix, to simply change, looks now like a complete cancel just to get the one camera off the account window.  It seems that a simple turn on/off cameras to be included or not in your Arlo Smart would be an appropriate manner to thwart this nightmare to change a device in my subscription.

ArloAngel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve just had a camera thinking it’s not Smart enabled after just subscribing to a plan. It wasn’t even showing under “Smart Notifications”. I went to “Subscription” > “Manage Camera Status” and dropped the camera to inactive. I saved this and went back a few menus. I then went back into the status to drag it back to enabled. A moment or two later it magically got the smart features (activity zones etc) and appeared under “Smart Notifications”.
Arlo_fan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was having the same problem and figured out how to change which camera was available in Arlo Smart.  Go to your Subscription screen, click on Change Plan, click on Continue, then select the camera you want included in the subscription.  You should deselect the camera you don't want to have included in the plan.  You can then go into the settings for the camera you "added" and select the Activity Zone you want.

I only purchased one camera in the Smart plan and this is how I was able to change which camera was "active."

JacG
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 arlo pro 2 cameras on Arlo Smart Subscription but only 1 shows up as active and 2 inactive under Smart Notifications. I can select the inactive 2 and move up to active, but once I leave that screen and go back to check, they are back as inactive.