Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Active & Inactive list is removed in app & web

Discussion stats
mlewando
Star
Star

I too have the same problem, they have removed the inactive camera section. so i cannot swap out an active with an inactive when needed. (I have 6 cameras on the account and only 5 are authorized, and with the change that arlo made I cannot swap and inactive with active.

https://kb.arlo.com/1113097/How-do-I-reactivate-a-camera-that-I-deactivated

The inactive section does not exist any longer. 

Can we please get this corrected? 

63 REPLIES 63
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea mabey it will how up on iphone app when trial expires and i subscribe. No big deal for me since I only have 4 cams. I was refering to post who said they had no manage camera option. 

Paulosportz
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I'm trying to deactive and active cameras but I dont see the option anymore. The below link doesn't give the correct instructions.

I know Arlo allow up to 5 cameras to view for free. Where is this option?

https://kb.arlo.com/1113097/How-do-I-reactivate-a-camera-that-I-deactivated

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Paulosportz wrote:

I'm trying to deactive and active cameras but I dont see the option anymore. The below link doesn't give the correct instructions.

Mobile App or browser?

If you go to the Subscription page there should be a way to Manage your subscription and drag cameras in and out of the active zone for the cloud.

If that is what you mean.

You should also have the ability to turn cameras On/Off.

Sorry to be vague, my subscription died at the weekend and I have lost that feature. I am just going from memory.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Paulosportz
Guide
Guide

Mobile App.

That manage/drag function is no longer there.

I tried turning on and off but that doesnt allow me to add a new camera.

Paulosportz
Guide
Guide

so my thread got merged into this one and just WOW! So it wasnt just me. It was a deliberate decision by Arlo to remove this feature, what an absolute joke!

Never recommending these products to anyone. Been trouble the whole time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulosportz wrote:

Mobile App.

That manage/drag function is no longer there.

Note you can no longer manage cameras with CVR (IMO a regrettable move on Arlo's part).  But you definitely can manage them with the Premier and Elite subscriptions.

Are you using Android or iOS?

It is there on my phone (Android), and last time I checked it was on the iOS (iPad) also.  Maybe post a screenshot of where you are looking.

Paulosportz
Guide
Guide
Im on android.
Paulosportz
Guide
Guide
Screenshot
Rjdm001
Guide
Guide

I reported Netgear/Arlo to the BBB.  I would hope other would do the same thing to send them a message.  Pure money grab.  False advertising.  I now have useless cameras.  I bought extra cameras to look at my property in case of an emergency ie hurricanes where I live.  Trash will be picked up this week and that is where I plan to put the cameras.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Paulosportz wrote:
Im on android.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears that you have no subscription.

It is the case that you can't choose which 5 cameras get the free cloud storage.

PNelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you read through the earlier messages, Arlo removed the Manage Camera Status option for those customers using the free cloud storage for 5 cameras when I bought my five camera package.  (I got an extra camera to occasionally monitor some animal activity.)  I was told to restore that option, then you must then get a subscription plan for all of the cameras.  I have not subscribed, so I cannot confirm.   

So Paulosportz's link to Activate and Deactivate using Manage Camera Status is out of date.

Just another example of Arlo's terrible customer service, and not to mention an unreliable product.  

Paul

Rjcanesr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does not show inactive cameras need to add cameras to smart notifications

Deyo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now found this issue. I also can not get a answer from Arlo.

I have complained to Costco which is where I purchased my cameras, at the highest levels.

I recommend everyone do the same.

keith

Rjdm001
Guide
Guide

I complained to the BBB with no real results.  If enough people do it will cost ARLO time and money to respond to all the complaints.  I also open a complaint with ARLO every time they close my complaint about the removal of manage cameras.