Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 25 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
bolco5584
Tutor
Tutor

We received a promo code for 4 months free of Arlo Smart Premier (both in email and as a pop up when logging into the app) and neither works! We have spoken to 2 different reps, opened a case number and no one seems to have a straight forward answer on how to get this deal to work. The first call was over an hour and half. The second was a chat that lasted just shy of 2 hours! In both instances we get questions like which type of credit card will you be using? What device is being used to log into the account (we have tried both on a computer and phone, neither works)? What kind of operating system are you running and what kind of phone do you have? Not sure how any of these questions will help get this promotion applied or how they are relevant to the fact that there is really no way for this promotion to work. Finally, we had a rep “walk us through” what options I needed to click on within my Arlo account and after an hour of back and forth with instructions, screenshots and me explaining that the promo code isn’t working regardless of how I get to that page on the computer and on the phone, I was told AGAIN this would need to be escalated to higher tier department (this is the second time I have been told this) and that they would revert back via email. And they do revert back, with more questions like the ones mentioned above with a threat that if we do not respond within a given time frame, they will close the case. This has been so painfully frustrating! We originally had 4 cameras and recently bought more so we require an upgraded plan but his has been such a headache that we are ready to return the new cameras! Message to Arlo - do not offer a promotion that either is not real OR make sure that it works before offering it to your customers!

- Sincerely, a very unhappy Arlo customer

Arlo screenshot.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joegadoh
Initiate
Initiate
As of 2/15/19 the code "save25" works

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bolco5584

I have escalated this for you & you should be receiving a response from support as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

justranda
Guide
Guide
I came by to ask the same thing about the 4 months free offer. It came as a pop up and I was having to reset a camera first and never saw it again, tried to find it a second later and couldn’t! Please let me know how to sign up for that? I do not want to call and talk to anyone for 2 hrs like the above customer stated he had to.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@justranda

Did yo see this in the Arlo Mobile App or the web portal? Have you tried to clear your app cache and check for the promotion again?

justranda
Guide
Guide
I saw it in the app and. no I haven’t cleared cache to see if I could find it. I would nbr think to do that.
justranda
Guide
Guide
....and I hv no clue how to clear the cache on my iPhone
bolco5584
Tutor
Tutor

Unfortunately, it won't matter if you get the pop up again. The issue is that you will not be able to sign up for the 4 months free because there is no option for that (it will immedietely default you to the one month free). Both on the phone and on the computer (with the email promo code) you will get an error message similar to the picture I posted above with no way around that. I still havent heard back from the "higher tier" department and I'm starting to think its because the 4 month promotion does not exist, only the one month does. 

justranda
Guide
Guide

Please ask that they honor what was offered.  Thank you for your quick replies & help. 

bolco5584
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE: I have spoken to an additional 2 reps, both asking the same questions as all the other reps before them with the exception of requesting some sort of recording log so that this can be escalated to Arlo's website engineers. We were told there would be a 24 hour turn around time for a solution starting Monday. It is now Wednesday 9:30am EST which means we are now past the 72 hour mark with no solution or response in sight. I have yet to speak to a manager, even though I have requested that every time I have spoken to a rep (and there have been plenty) nor have I spoken to a rep stateside since every one I have spoken to is oversees. If we didnt already invest money in the first cameras we purchased, I would return ALL of them but will need to settle on returning the last ones we bought. Frustrated beyond measure! 

justranda
Guide
Guide
This is disappointing to hear & why I waited to purchase from
Costco, in case I have to return them.. I’ve only signed up for the ‘basic’ monitoring for now. I’ll try today, as well, now that I’m home a while..
Thanks for letting the community know bc this is ridiculous & they should honor what was advertised with a new purchase!
theb10n707
Guide
Guide

Did anyone have any luck getting it to work? I contacted customer chat support and they told me I needed an email of the offer. I saw the offer on my phone when creating an account. I asked them to escalate it. 

justranda
Guide
Guide
I got the offer as a pop up again when I signed in a few days ago... Very happy to now have the one year and 4mos free.
If you see that pop up... grab it!
theb10n707
Guide
Guide

Hi justranda,

Thanks for sharing, where did the pop up show up? On your phone app or the computer?

justranda
Guide
Guide
I got a new iPhone and when I downloaded a new app... there it was again when I signed on! $79.99!
arde53
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same issue and after getting nowhere with Customer Service, I think I figured it out.  I assumed getting 4 months free meant 12 + 4 = 16 months.  I was charged for 8 months so I think the offer is get 12 months for the price of 8 months, i.e. 4 months free.

theb10n707
Guide
Guide

Hey guys,

I got it to work. First, you need to just buy the annual plan with the free month. Then go to your account settings and change the payment term. Once you go in there, it will allow you to do it and you can enter a coupon. Once I did that, it worked. If the coupon didn't expire tomorrow. People probably could have gotten a free month and the discount. 

justranda
Guide
Guide
Interesting! Well I’m glad the pop up came up and I got a Year for $79 and magically the camera response time is within seconds compared to basic.....
DMB22
Tutor
Tutor

I signed up for the one month premium service free trial followed by a $99 yearly fee. My credit card was charged on the 23rd of the following month.  Three days later I received an email from Arlo offering more free time and a $79 yearly fee. I clicked on the purchase option and it indicated I would receive a credit. I later checked my credit card and it only showed the original $99 fee. I then called Arlo support and got nowhere. I was told they wouldn't honor the second offer as it only applied to new customers. I twice called back and asked to speak with a supervisor and twice I was told none was available.The first lady couldn't find a supervisor and the second lady said the supervisor was in a meeting. This lady told me that they would not honor the second provmotion they had offered me and it was a glitch that I had received the second offer email in the first place! Unbeliveable. Without question, this has been my most aggravating support experience compounded by dealing with unprofessional and inept representatives. In my opinion this company engages in deceptive and fraudulent business practices. Buyer beware with this company!

arde53
Initiate
Initiate

I agree completely. Within the past six months I have had two occasions to deal with Arlo Customer Service and was unsatisfied with them both times. I am considering the addition of at least one more camera to my system but I am seriously questioning the wisdom of continuing with Arlo.

DMB22
Tutor
Tutor

I also recently purchased an Arlo dual battery charger with two batteries from Costco on line.  The battery charger was defective and I called Arlo support for a replacement. The representative told me they couldn't help me and to contact Costco. Every other company I've dealt with for a defective product replacement has handled the problem themselves and not referred me back to the dealer where I made the purchase. Not Arlo. I called Costco and their representative called Arlo to explain that Arlo would have to handle the replacement. The Arlo representative seemed to have difficulty with the English langauage and we couldn't make her understand what we were requesting. After nearly 45 minutes, and with the outstandng help of the Costco rep, we finallly got her to agree to replace their defective item. In my experience, Arlo has the lousiest customer support of any company I've had the displeasure to deal with.  I think they have great products, but their customer support is sadly lacking. 

Joegadoh
Initiate
Initiate
As of 2/15/19 the code "save25" works