Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Maytrix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it accurate that 2 bases with 6 cameras require a subscription?  We have 1 base at 1 home with 1 camera.  And another base at a 2nd home with 4 cameras and tried adding a 5th but it won't activate saying subscription is required.  It seems since both bases are under the same account that it adds all the cameras up so we're over the limit?

Called their support which is awful and after being transferred to the 4th person hung up.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly. You can have up to 5 cameras PER ACCOUNT. The bases have no effect. Either subscribe to a plan as well as 1 discounted single camera plan or remove the camera and base with 1 camera and create a new account to add those back ion. Then use Settings, Grant Access from one to the other so all cameras display in one login. Not quite the same as all in one account so you will have to log into the other account occasionally for full control of that account.

Maytrix
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  Really wish they had an option to record locally only to avoid having a paid account.  Or allowed 2 bases in different locations on the same account.  But the work around works fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can record locally if your base supports it (VMB4000 and above). And the number of bases and locations has no bearing - it's all about the total number of cameras on your account.

billkex
Luminary
Luminary

I'm glad I saw this post. It was very helpful in my decision to add more cameras.

Once I got it set up properly, it is working great for me.