Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1500 notifications a day

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dinothudog
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo essential indoor cameras. I have the smart notifications set to vehicles only so that I don’t receive motion alerts indoors from these cameras. They are just to monitor our pets when we are away for my wife. No matter what I seem to do I receive alerts for every single type of motion. People, animals, sound. I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting that I can find online and nothing seems to help.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are these all viewing only the indoors or are windows visible? Repositioning the cameras may help but I'd start with reducing motion detection in your modes and rules (not the motion test). For the most part, based on your description, I don't see much value in using Smart notifications if the cameras are just used to monitor animals indoors.

Dinothudog
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras are only viewing the indoors. If I knew how to turn off the notifications, I would love that. Unfortunately, I have three outdoor cameras on the same app that I do want motion notifications for and I can’t seem to figure out how to isolate the indoor cameras and remove notifications from them alone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Notifications are set per camera in your modes and rules. When you edit any mode, select the camera that you want to modify and turn off the notifications. Be sure to save at every opportunity.

Dinothudog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. I did not know that was an option. I have turned the motion detection off on those cameras. It would not let me remove audio for push notifications, unfortunately. I wish there was a way to keep the motion which would then record a video, but would avoid sending me a notification. Oh well, thanks so much for your help.

Dinothudog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Never mind! I figured it out.