Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

1-year included smart subscription for VMS5440B—4K Ultra system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RickRazz
Aspirant
Aspirant

In a perpetual loop with Arlo customer "service" about activating the 1-year included plan. This time on the phone for over an hour and... wait for it. Crickets. I've been an Arlo advocate, but that's changing in this void. I first purchased an Arlo Pro system, then added an Arlo doorbell. Was gladly paying for a monthly subscription. Now just purchased and added the 4K Ultra 4-camera system, but currently nothing is recording because I don't have a subscription. The one that supposedly comes free with this major purchase. Leaving on vacation tomorrow and don't have the time for a lack of support. If I don't get this resolved promptly, I'm going to return the 4K system and purchase from another company that actually backs up what they sell and supports their customers. I've gotten to the point of having a case ID, but that's getting me nowhere. The model number's in the subject line. System doesn't seem to want to accept it.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RickRazz

Have you tried to remove & reset the smart hub?

RickRazz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven’t tried that yet. We left for vacation, so I simply paid for a subscription. Will try that when we get back.
Monawo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Vmc2030. I just bought it, I am not having any luck with getting information on the subscription or notifications.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Monawo  The VCM2030 is the new Essential camera  which is different then this thread. It comes with a 3 month trial of Smart notifications and 30 day cloud storage that should be activated automatic when you set it up. Check out the link to this cam for FAQ  in the Essential thread here.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Essential-Spotlight-Camera/Introducing-Arlo-Essential-Spotlight-C...